Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Atkins Diet (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   How long did it take you to drop a size? (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=164019)

Emmsy Mon, Feb-02-04 07:02

How long did it take you to drop a size?

I'm curious because I think it's really important to count inches as well as pounds loss. But between the weight loss and the body reshaping I am waiting with bated breath to hit my goal size!! I can see that I am so much firmer and smaller and that's great!

One thing I've really had to admit to myself was that I was a size sixteen with MAJOR denial! I was shoving myself into size fourteens which now fit me loosely. I'm trying to work myself into an 11/12 for valentine's Day.

Any thought?

:) Emmsy

Bill L Mon, Feb-02-04 07:08

My wife's story (Pam) is better than mine.

She started out at a size 18 on November 8, 2003. By January 8 she had dropped to a snug-fitting 12.

It's now February 2 and the size 12 is fitting nicely. She wants to be a size 10 by summer. I have no doubt. She's lost 30 pounds in 3 months!

Way to go Pam!!!!

Me? SEVEN inches of belly-flab in 3 months.

Bill........310/266/225....day 86

MaryToU Mon, Feb-02-04 07:16

I started last Feburary, (1 year ann. coming up) at a tight 16, should wear an 18. Come spring everyone was nagging me to get new pants because they were so baggy. Just didn't want to spend a lot of money on clothes only to have to buy more again in a few months. When I finally broke down in the spring, I bought 1 pair of size 12 jeans. Wore shorts all summer. Come the end of summer, was into 10's, then have to buy 8's. Now 8's or misses 6's. BUT :) can wear (and did yesterday) my teens size 7/8 juniors yesterday!

gilibel Mon, Feb-02-04 07:58

From (US)14~12 to 8~6 (depending on label) in 3.5 months. :)

yvonne326 Mon, Feb-02-04 09:40

It took me about a month or 12 lbs to drop one size from a 16 to a 14. Then the sizes dropped - 1 size every 10 lbs or so lost. I am now a tight 9 or looser 11 (junior size) and love it!

Volgal Mon, Feb-02-04 09:49

Don't know yet ~ started Atkins on October 27th and over the holidays realized that my 3-X clothes were getting looser, so I went through my closet and threw out every single article of clothing that I was not wearing at that time ~ in hope of further motivation. So, in another month or so when it starts to get warmer, I will be able to go out and buy a few new clothes ~ only a few though because, hopefully, I will continue to lose pounds and inches and maybe by summer will be down to a size 12 at least.

adkpam Mon, Feb-02-04 09:51

In July I was a 14, by September I was a snug 10.
Now the 10's are getting baggy, but not so much that I'm ready for an 8 yet...however, I am thinking of going for tryons soon.

SpydrMonke Mon, Feb-02-04 09:54

I started at a tight 26/28 in July 03..Now I am comfortably in a 14 or 16. I jumped to size 20 jeans in late August; although they didn't really "fit". I could button them, sure, but they were much too tight. I just couldn't pass them up. It really felt like I'd accomplished something. I am aiming for ~sz 8 when I reach goal.

SuperSue04 Mon, Feb-02-04 10:03

Exactly 1 month! :yay:

I started a 24 on Jan. 2, but this morning I had to change jeans because they were hangin so low on my waist that you could see my undies!! And, like most bigger people, I don't own a belt! :roll:

Whoo hoo! And, even though it seems like it may take a very long time to get there, I'm shooting for a size 12. Someday.

If all of you can do it, maybe I can too! :wiggle:

Sue

Alina Mon, Feb-02-04 11:00

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emmsy
One thing I've really had to admit to myself was that I was a size sixteen with MAJOR denial!

Say no more! Talk to me about denial and sizes...... :)
I think you're doing great focusing on your body shape and not the scale alone.
To answer your question - I went from 16 to 14 in about two months. It took me one year to finally arrive at size 8. I always trusted measuring tape more than the scale and my size documentation is in my gallery...... :)

Good luck to you!

Alina

owen93 Mon, Feb-02-04 12:23

I knew that I had to do something when I had to start shopping for size 50 pants and belt. That was a couple of years ago. But I didn't do anything about it. I just ate more until the 50's got too tight and the 50 inch belt was worn out.

I actually bought a 52 inch belt and thats when something snapped inside my mind and I knew that one of these days it would be a new oversized coffin - not a new oversized belt. I never got around to using that 52 inch belt because I went on the Atkins WOE around the same time.

Last weekend I had to go buy a 48 belt and those 50 pants are way loose.

Mousesmom Mon, Feb-02-04 12:59

In July 2003 when I started this WOL, I wore a tight 13-14. The new pants I bought recently were a semi loose 6!!! <see Julie jump for joy!!!!> I tried on size 5 jeans over the weekend just for kicks and they fit.

Way to go all!!!

Julie

Alina Tue, Feb-03-04 07:31

Julie - I'm so impressed! Way to go, girl!

Alina

AFwife Tue, Feb-03-04 07:46

Started at size 24 in November 2003....As of today I've gotten into a 20.

Can't wait to be a 6 again. Long ways to go, but I'll get there.

heartsnsyn Tue, Feb-03-04 07:48

Started 08/05/03 in a tight 24. Down to a 22 by end of September. Down to a 20 by December. Now, still mainly in 20s but also in some 18s and one 16.