Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Triple Digits Club (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   ? from a newbie.... (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=98632)

Chloë Mae Sun, Apr-13-03 20:08

? from a newbie....

I have been reading threads about whipping cream and how it gets a lot of folks in trouble. They can't control it and it causes stalls.

I wanted something for my decaf coffee and I had forgotten about real cream after 20+ years of eating lowfat. So I bought Half and Half. It has less than 1carb and 1 sugar. So far it has not caused me to stall, but I only use 2T in my morning coffee.

My :q: is, what about Kool Whip. I read the labels and see a lot of strange sugar words. I want something to top my SF jello. I settled for regular Reddi Whip. Less than 1 carb and 1 sugar. You can control it, unless you start squirting it on each other, like we did as kids!! The chocolate flavor is also 1 carb, 1 sugar.

Do any of you use this? How about Kool Whip? What do you think?

Thanks for your imput.

OnMyWay2me Mon, Apr-14-03 07:32

Cool whip not only has sugar but corn syrup the biggest enemy.

Buy some heavy whipping cream get it really cold and whisk and some splenda and you just whip it until its the right texture and wham you have topping :) and LEGAL :D

liz175 Mon, Apr-14-03 08:39

Hi Chloe Mae,

This is a reply to a post you made in another thread about not being able to find a basic black bathing suit in your size. It doesn't look like you have a journal, so I am replying here.

I love to swim, and I have a black bathing suit that fit me at 360 pounds. The bathing suit is a size 26, and I was wearing a size 30 in clothes when I weighed 360, but the bathing suit has a lot of stretch in it. It fit fine and was not too skimpy. I also carry a lot of my weight in my abdomen, so if it fit me it may fit you as well. I'd be happy to send you the bathing suit, since I need a smaller size this year, if you PM me with an address. I think you need to write a few more posts (I believe that 25 is the magic number) before you can PM someone.

If you don't want to send me an address, I got the bathing suit from the Lands' End catalogue and I think they are selling similar styles this year. Because they have a lot of stretch, the size 26s work for someone who is bigger than that.

It's a lot easier to swim in a bathing suit than in shorts and a top.

BrewWa Mon, Apr-14-03 09:06

Whipped cream

I like to add a touch of vanilla along with the Splenda. I think it makes a good thing better. I make it about once every three weeks with a "cheese cake" and berries. That way it's a treat.

BrewWa

Chloë Mae Mon, Apr-14-03 16:29

Re: Swim suit

Yes. Liz I would very much like to have it. How thoughtful of you. We have an inground pool, soon to open, and it is just about the only form of exercise I can do at this weight.

I need a journal, just been lazy about it.

Will post some more so I can PM you.

Again, thank you, you are an :angel: