Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Atkins Diet (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   estimated ideal weight (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=174062)

pre3teach Sun, Mar-21-04 15:47

estimated ideal weight

WOW I just did an estimated ideal body weight online...it says that I am about 40% body fat and that I should weigh 85-95lbs. Gosh that is depressing. I am having trouble getting into the 120's...Anyone know of some good info on this? I actually think my goal weight is alittle high but it is such a struggle for me to lose I want it to be realistic!

RCFletcher Sun, Mar-21-04 15:56

I think the first think to do is to ignore what you found on line. I've just had a look at your gallery and there is no way 85-95 lbs is right for you.

Atkins says to think of a time in your life when you felt at your best and go for it. I think your present goal is quite realistic.

Rocky_Cdn Sun, Mar-21-04 15:57

What site did you use??? We're the same height (or lack thereof!) and when I did a BMI with your top weight it came out at only 28.1%.

Can you double-check it on some other sites? You don't want to set yourself up for failure.

Rocky

pre3teach Sun, Mar-21-04 15:58

Thanks RCfletcher. I was really holding in my stomach and it was alittle hard to bresth lol but at least I CAN hold it in now!

danakins Sun, Mar-21-04 16:04

Karen,

I've always heard for females it's 100 pounds for 5 ft and then 5 lbs. for every inch thereafter. I think 120 sounds fine to me. I have no idea who can be under 100 past about 25 and keep it there for long.

Danakins

maggieb Sun, Mar-21-04 16:14

I agree! I am five feet and 1/2 an inch! I have to throw in that 1/2 inch:rolleyes: My goal is the same as yours!!!Even tho I will probably be quite happy at 130!!

There is NO WAY I will EVER get under 100 lbs.....

When I was at my absolute smallest, very muscular in a size 4 Canadian, way back when sizing was smaller than it is today, I was 115 lbs....

so as my kids would say......chi-lax:cool: (that is chill and relax) their new term around here.....they are always telling me to do so.......

pre3teach Sun, Mar-21-04 16:18

I guess I have to just keep an eye on progress...not what I used to be. I agree with the sizes being bigger. I actually have a pair of 6's that fit but they are "relaxed" They have relaxed them alot!!!hehe I have some regular jeans size 8 that don't even go over my hips. According to that site I had a BMI of 26 and 25 was good...I don't know how that could be so different. What is BMI again...??Your metabolic rate?

missaec Sun, Mar-21-04 16:20

mybodycomp.com is awesome for calculating body fat. Check it out!

trustycat Sun, Mar-21-04 16:30

my 19 year old friend who is 5 feet, asian, and small framed weighs 96 lbs and is currently being treated for anorexia--- i seriously doubt your ideal weight is 85-95 lb! lol..... echo the my bodycomp.com for body fat, a lot of the other on-line calculators are totally off! btw, what site DID u use? =)

pre3teach Sun, Mar-21-04 16:35

The site was one that I got in a journal when browsing...I think it was a lc site...I will check the computers history to find it.

pre3teach Sun, Mar-21-04 16:38

Checked on that is was Nocarbzone.com

Paleoanth Sun, Mar-21-04 17:02

We are the exact same height and I am fitting into size 6,7,8 at 125. Go for a size goal-that is when I really knew I was where I wanted to be. When I could fit into 7/8's.

LadyBelle Sun, Mar-21-04 17:34

Quote:
I've always heard for females it's 100 pounds for 5 ft and then 5 lbs. for every inch thereafter. I think 120 sounds fine to me. I have no idea who can be under 100 past about 25 and keep it there for long.

Hmm so at 5'2" I should weight 110. But since I have 100 pounds lean weight I guess I should starve off some of that and maybe remove a few bones? That idea is outdated and I think too many women try to starve themselves or push thier bodies to unhealthy levels to reach that.

fridayeyes Sun, Mar-21-04 17:50

Hi, Karen.

I calc my bodyfat on nocarbzone, and it seems to do fine for that calculation - bodyfat, not BMI. If you're ok posting your measurements, I can run them through some other sites and crosscheck for you. PM me if you like.

Another good place to check is leanandstrong dot com. Look for the link to the calculators on the left. Calculate your current bf%, then go to Optimum Weight. If you enter your current weight, current bf% and desired bf%, it will tell you what you will weigh at that percentage.

Edit: try nocarbzone again. I think you may have typo'd some of your numbers. I put in your height and weight, and to get 40%, I had to give really outlandish measurements for hips and waist (like 42 and 35). Even then the 'ideal wight' listed was 103-111.

Cheers,

Friday

pre3teach Sun, Mar-21-04 18:58

I DO have outlandish measurements!!! My waist IS 35 and my hips ARE 42! I just got the tape measure to double check! That is why it is soooooooooo depressing being short er I mean petite! :rolleyes:

I have about a chest measurement of 38or39. My measurements are another reason I want to lose weight as I am a prime candidate for diabetics and it runs in my family.