Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Atkins Diet (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   Question about Atkins Advantage Bars (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=131115)

wendy858 Sun, Aug-17-03 11:46

Question about Atkins Advantage Bars

Ok, I did a search and read, but I think I need the answer in 'dummy speak' :lol: .

Why do the Advantage bars list 22g carbs on the back, yet the front of the bar says to only count 2g ????? :confused:

Sorry if this has been answered a million times! :D

BTW, I just ate a cookies n cream Advantage and it was yucky. :Puke:

GREYTSCOT Sun, Aug-17-03 12:17

net carbs

I've tried those bars, too (with coconut) and wasn't too keen on them. Anyway, you need to subtract any sugar alcohols and fibre from the carb grams to get the net carbs that affect you if you're on Atkins.

Looking at the nutrition info on back of package -- e.g., if something has 15 grams of carbs, 12 grams of sugar alcohol and 1 gram of fibre then the carbs you would count towards your daily carbs allowance (net effective carbs) would be 2 grams. Hope this helps.

amy576 Sun, Aug-17-03 12:22

Try the chocolate peanut butter ones. They are sooo good. They're the only ones I will even eat! The S'mores are ok too...anything else is yuck!!!

~Amy

NoSunNoFun Sun, Aug-17-03 12:25

I love them all.
My favorite is the chocolate decadence bar.
A truely fantastic chocolaty treat!
:D
NoSunNoFun

Terri_K Sun, Aug-17-03 13:08

I agree...chocolate peanut butter are the only ones I can tolerate.I have tried the smores as well and agree they are okay as well. :)

GREYTSCOT Sun, Aug-17-03 13:43

I used to gorge myself on bars of Lindt white chocolate truffles. I always preferred white chocolate to milk. Does anyone know of any low carb/no sugar white chocolate??

coho7 Sun, Aug-17-03 13:58

The Atkins Bars gag me! They leave a weird after taste in my mouth. Russel Stovers LC candies are much, mucg better if you're just looking for something sweet.

Lindt actually makes sugar free chocolates. The company I work for distributes Lindt and they sent us some of the SF ones awhile ago but they weren't very good. Gave me heartburn for some reason. You may check their website to see where they're sold. My favorite Lindt bar is white chocolate coconut, but that's a no no nowadays!

GREYTSCOT Sun, Aug-17-03 14:10

OMG, did you have to tell me Lindt made coconut and white chocolate??!! I never knew. Maybe they make a sf version. Thanks for the info, I just figured Lindt was a thing of the past but I'll check their website for the sf chocolates. My closest substitute for white chocolate indulgence has been Nestle's table cream (a 7.6 oz can) mixed with one packet of Splenda. It is soooo good and can be used with your favorite berries too.

Oh, and those Russel Stover candies are great. My favorite is the chocolate caramels. I've even got my kids switched over. Mind you, they have a limit of only 2 or 3 due to the "digestive" probelms that will result if you over-indulge :)

l_siobhan Sun, Aug-17-03 20:41

I was wondering the same question. I had a Endulge bar today and I have been trying to put it into fitday but it won't allow me to. It says I don't have enough carbs. Any suggestions?
I had the Carmel Nut Chew and since I haven't had chocolate for almost a month now it was pretty tasty.