Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Atkins Diet (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   How much water do you drink each day? (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=143457)

katgurl Fri, Oct-17-03 13:34

How much water do you drink each day?

I drink from a Naglene bottle all day long. It holds 32oz. I drink at LEAST 4-6 a day, but trying to drink 8 a day. Is that outrageous?

I seriously can drink water all day long. Nonstop. I am constantly thirsty. I never leave the house without some water.

I guess this is a good thing?

DeanaJane Fri, Oct-17-03 13:37

I have a bottle that is 33.8 oz and I drink at least 4 a day. I'm thirsty all day long so it's really not hard to drink that much.

The bad thing, bathroom trips. I feel like I'm constantly needing to use the bathroom. Good think I work in an office. lol

Deana

katgurl Fri, Oct-17-03 13:37

Yes, thank god I work at home, because I visit the toilet about 15 times a day, I swear!

kbluvscats Fri, Oct-17-03 14:47

I have 2 64 oz mug/jugs. One at home and the other at work. Lately I have been only drinking one 64 oz a day but I want to do two a day.

laffn Fri, Oct-17-03 14:48

I drink about 14-16 16-20oz. bottles of water per day.

becky160 Fri, Oct-17-03 14:54

I drink about 1 1/2 gallons of water a day.

Please check this post of mine. Is really interesting. http://forum.lowcarber.org/showpost...000&postcount=9

sophotia Fri, Oct-17-03 15:13

I attempt 100oz a day. I want to make it to 128oz. I accomplished that yesterday.

jesdorka Fri, Oct-17-03 15:25

usually about 5 liters or 160 ounces

atiaran Fri, Oct-17-03 15:43

1 gallon a day - sometimes more.

LC_Dave Fri, Oct-17-03 16:11

I try to drink as much as I can.

I think I heard once that extreme excess water intake can be bad, but we are talking extreme levels here!

skibunnie Fri, Oct-17-03 16:13

150-200 oz's (100 is im super busy that day)

KenTheriot Fri, Oct-17-03 16:51

Water Intoxication

I have recently been getting heartburn when drinking a lot of water (which, apparently, isn't a lot at all to hear you all tell your amounts). I try to drink 64 oz. Anyway, doesn't anyone else get heartburn doing all that water? A couple of times I actually got very nauseous and weak/light-headed. these are symptoms of electrolyte imbalance (as well as other things of course). I did some checking and it seems you CAN overhydrate. The consesus seems to be that a normal adult (meaning normal organ function) who drinks 2-gallons a day or more is liable to overhydrate. You can overhydrate with less volume if you sweat excessively through excercise while drinking a lot of water. this is because you sweat (or pee) out electrolytes while continuing to dilute your system with plain water.

Do any of you who drink gallons a day ever experience the overhydration symptoms?

Ken

jesdorka Fri, Oct-17-03 17:31

nope, no such symptoms and i've been drinking
this amount for a couple of years now

Moonshea Fri, Oct-17-03 18:24

Wawa

I wish I could drink more water. I need to get a water filter as I don't like to drink straight tap water, and can't afford to be constantly buying bottled spring water. I do remember last time on Atkins, the best I could usually do is 2 1 litre (33.8 oz) bottles.

Moonshea =)

MyJourney Fri, Oct-17-03 18:36

I love water. My mother calls me a camel, I drink 1-2 gallons a day. I never drank soda because anything carbonated gives me horrible hiccups. My weakness is juice, because I tend to drink juice like water and boy do those calories add up.

Never had any over-hydration symptoms. I wondered if I was diabetic and had other problems because I drank so much, but it seems I am fine. I carry a gallon bottle with me each day and just swig it all the time. With meals I tend to drink a few cups in a row, thats when I take my multivitamin but I am also more thirsty.

I love water, always have.

I find that I drink much less if I dont have a bottle with me or have to go and get water all the time. I just dont bother with it.

I think overhydration happens if you try and force yourself to drink water and too much of it at once.