Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Newbies' Questions (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=110)
-   -   you're so helpful! can u take a peek at todays menu 4 me, see if im getting it right? (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=124470)

nibyy71 Mon, Jul-21-03 10:21

you're so helpful! can u take a peek at todays menu 4 me, see if im getting it right?

thanx for all your help guys. if ya have time could u peek at what ive eaten today and give me any tips u might have on improvement?

2 slices back bacon and 1 medium size egg, fried in butter
tablespoon of tinned chopped tomatoes

half a hard boiled egg, half a slice of ham, 1 oz blue stilton, 1 oz lettuce, 2 oz cucumber, small chopped spring onion, 2 sprigs water cress, 1 tablespoon sesame oil

1 pepperami sausage

omelette (2 eggs) 2oz cheddar cheese, 1 slice boiled ham, 1 tablespoon single cream, pan cooked 2 teaspoons butter
small red pepper roasted with sesame oil sprinkled on top

2.5 litres water throughout day

im afraid i hate veg and never ate it off this diet so i know im not eating as much as i should but its still an improvement on what i used to have..... is it enough for the diet to work though?

Iowagirl Mon, Jul-21-03 11:21

What is blue stilton?
Do you track your menus on fitday?

nibyy71 Mon, Jul-21-03 12:17

its mouldy cheese lol
its classed as same category as roquefort in atkins book

Iowagirl Mon, Jul-21-03 12:18

I have heard some say that too much cheese can decrease weight loss. Perhaps this is the case?

2Airedales Mon, Jul-21-03 12:19

If you are on induction I'd watch the tomatoes & Red pepper. Peperoni is staller for me, so are processed meats. Ham can be cured with sugar so be careful. For deli meat I eat turkey & roast beef. Onions are high in carb but they are very good for you. I don't know what single cream is but you can have HEAVY cream (35%).
I'd up my veggies especially greens, if I were you.

Pascale

nibyy71 Mon, Jul-21-03 12:21

im sticking to the 4oz a day though..... sometimes less :-S
and i am tracking my eating with fitplan... though only started today. it said i had 21g carbs and 73% of cals were fat...... not sure if this is good or bad though

nibyy71 Mon, Jul-21-03 12:24

up my greens, yuk! i'll try though, but im already getting stuffed on what im eating so dont know how i can eat more!!!! lol and pepperami has zero carbs in, is it still bad? i dont have deli meats as such, its ham cooked off the bone and sliced for sale. i think u have a different way of prepping meats over the counter in america

nibyy71 Mon, Jul-21-03 12:25

oops, heres me asking for advice and then justifying why im doing what im doing :-p ok, less cheese and toms and red peppers and more greens....... weight loss here i come ;-)

MaryToU Mon, Jul-21-03 12:51

Are you not getting tired of eggs? After reading your menu for the day, I don't want to see an egg again. :lol: I really think thought you need to add more selections to your foods, or you will soon get very tired with this eating style. Add in more of a meat meal at night, you might like it. Will not tell you about how important veggies are, you already know. And I have a hard time myself getting them in. Also without running your menu throught fitday it looks light on calories to me. Eating to little calories with put your body in starvation mode, and the scale will stall out. Good Luck :wiggle:

nibyy71 Mon, Jul-21-03 14:00

its 1200 cals and i do have steak and pork alot lol is 1200 too low?

Iowagirl Mon, Jul-21-03 14:05

I would say so.

nibyy71 Mon, Jul-21-03 14:07

extra bacon for breakie then :-p yummy

MaryToU Mon, Jul-21-03 14:15

The general rule is that you do not want to go below 10 to 12x's your goal weight to keep you body running. And for those who are worried about eating to much calories, do not go about 10 to 12x's you current weight. Some where in there you will find what works best for you. Try for a week or more to get in at least 1600 calories and see what you think.

nibyy71 Mon, Jul-21-03 14:21

wow, thats really handy to remember, thanx for that

geo53562 Mon, Jul-21-03 15:20

I think you may want to consider adding a multivitamin supplement and, possibly some fish oil and fiber to your daily intake. Nobody pretends that this diet, particularly in the Induction phase, can provide all the nutrients you need to maintain your health.