Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Atkins Diet (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   How are you using LC peanut butter (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=171421)

MrEWorm Mon, Mar-08-04 04:40

How are you using LC peanut butter

I've seen several varieties of low carb peanut butter in the stores. I love peanut butter but I refuse to pay a kings ransom for low carb bread.
Other than on bread, how are you using the LC nut butter?

GrooveJock Mon, Mar-08-04 05:25

I use LC (all natural) PB on ice cream. I know it sounds funny but I pour it on Bryers LC chocolate Ice Cream. (it sooooo good.)
I also use chunky as a base for mock fried chicken strps. (recipe in food section of the forum..)

nikkil Mon, Mar-08-04 05:27

I use it for chocolate peanut butter cups. WOW--have to be careful, tho--those little buggers are ADDICTIVE!! Sure hit the spot when I want something decadent :) I've used it in lc ice cream, too (heavy whipping cream, splenda, cocoa and peanut butter, semi-frozen)....YUM :p

suntanlove Mon, Mar-08-04 05:31

I love PB and for a quick pick me up in middle of afternoon I dip sm chunks of cheese in it.So Gooood.

imlosingit Mon, Mar-08-04 05:50

The carb options peanut butter, and most peanut butters that I've seen, have the same # of carbs as the regular peanut butters.

niudog Mon, Mar-08-04 06:20

Sometimes I will eat 1/3 of an apple and smear 2 Tbsp of LC p-nut butter on it. This treat seems more like a maintanence item however.

MyJourney Mon, Mar-08-04 06:29

I dont buy special LC peanut butter, I just buy the smuckers all natural.

2g carbs per Tbsp and tastes yummy and has no oils or sugars or nothing added just peanuts and I think salt.

As for how I eat it? I dont have it too often, but when I do its right off the spoon.

Ive made peanut butter cups with them before too, but my favorite way is right off the spoon or spread on some celery

BlitzedAng Mon, Mar-08-04 07:08

Soo many ways, Once in a whilea P&J sanwhich, on celery, in a cheesecake or some cookies.

toning_up Mon, Mar-08-04 07:35

Carb Options PB.....full of hydrogenated fats. net carbs 3 gms

Meijer Natural PB....Just peanuts and salt. Net carbs 4 gms

Guess which is cheaper? Guess which one I eat? LOL

scorpio381 Mon, Mar-08-04 07:37

I've also heard of mixing it up with cream cheese, but I've never tried it myself. Sounds good though!

asalvato Mon, Mar-08-04 07:38

I used to buy the Smucker's all natural which is just peanuts and salt. Price is Ok but not great. Then I found a natural PB in Publix (Florida) that is also just peanuts and salt and it is $1.69 a jar. Do not pay extra for a LC label; just check the label.

toning_up Mon, Mar-08-04 07:43

In fact check the labels carefully on all those Carb Options brands. The teriaki sauce has zero carbs and is worth it but thing like the PB and pasta sauce are not worth it. Regular varieties can be found with less carbs than they boast. Less price too. Some of those are a real rip off but the Low Carb label is seductive....

filmlass23 Mon, Mar-08-04 07:55

The Carb Options PB also has unnecessary sweetener in it! Natural PB (made only with Peanuts and salt) should taste sweet and delicious when you're on ketosis...

I like to make PB Cups (but not too often -- MAN they are addictive), "peanut butter and spoon", PB & celery, and sometimes even get it a little melty in the microwave then eat with whipped cream. Mmm mmm. Like a Friendly's peanut butter cup sunday without the ice cream, hot fudge, and candy. ;)

4beans4me Mon, Mar-08-04 08:44

I put a TBS over an ounce of cream cheese and sprinkle it with a half packet of splenda (or you can mix it all up, but I'm usually too lazy :)) SUPER rich and tasty! :yum:

MyJourney Mon, Mar-08-04 08:44

I have tried peanut butter and cream cheese and peanut butter and cream. I didnt like the cream cheese... it just tasted odd to me. When I make ziplock bag Ice cream I add some melted PB and that goes great.

BTW I use the smuckers brand of natural PB because it shows less aflatoxins than the no name brand of all natural PB. There are many all natural brands though, or you can just make your own with some peanuts.