Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Atkins Diet (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   Time between Induction and OWL (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=106510)

Joe Joe Mon, May-19-03 14:40

Time between Induction and OWL

In DANDR, he mentions you can take a few days off after induction, and return to your normal diet before you decide to continue on with the diet.

I'm a week into induction, so far I've lost 6lbs., everything is going well.

Here's my question: Let's say after induction, I return to my normal diet for a couple of days, but then decide to continue on with the Atkins diet. When I go on, do I have to start induction over again for a couple of days to get back into ketosis?

A second and unrelated question; I keep seeing all these warnings about eating too much cheese while in induction. What does too much cheese do to your system in terms of weight loss?

Thanks all! :D

youramigo Mon, May-19-03 14:50

too much cheese can cause stalling and constipation. It is better to limit yourself to avoid these complications.

paradise Mon, May-19-03 15:06

Quote:
In DANDR, he mentions you can take a few days off after induction, and return to your normal diet before you decide to continue on with the diet.

Ummm, I don't remember seeing that. Was it in the old edition or new edition? I would be afraid that I'd never return to the WOE if I took a "break" after Induction.

Cheese has been known to stall some people. It is limited in Induction to 3-4 oz. daily because quantities consumed can be difficult to control, even though we don't really deal with calories, if the cheese was unlimited, the calories would skyrocket, slowing weightloss. Happy LCing!!!

Joe Joe Mon, May-19-03 15:20

Quote:
Originally posted by paradise
Ummm, I don't remember seeing that. Was it in the old edition or new edition? I would be afraid that I'd never return to the WOE if I took a "break" after Induction.

Not sure which version it is, but it says 'Revised and Updated' on the cover.

He mentions this in Chapter 10, in a section called "Do I go on?"

paradise Mon, May-19-03 16:32

Quote:
He mentions this in Chapter 10, in a section called "Do I go on?"

Thanks for your reply. My Chapter 10 is a section called, "Before You Begin." My book is copyrighted 1992, 1999, and 2002. It's a paperback "Completely Updated! The Must-Have NEW Edition" version. I also looked at my Chapter 13, called Are You Ready for Phase Two?" to see if there was any mention of taking a break. None. The one thing that was stated in my book which leads me to believe that the Atkins Center changed its tune was, "But the one thing we don't want to do is get you out of lipolysis and halt your forward momentum....." Perhaps someone else can shed some light on this issue of a "break."

Joe Joe Mon, May-19-03 16:58

Thanks paradise! I'm not planning on taking any kind of break, it just got me curious when I read it. Things have been going so well, I might even stay in induction for a few extra days. :)

Elihnig Mon, May-19-03 17:38

Hi Joe Joe!

I love The Tick. We used to watch it often, my husband and I.

I remember what part you were talking about in the older edition.

I believe the only reason he mentioned leaving the diet was if you were going to have a glucose tolerance test. If you were, you needed to be eating at least 100 grams of carbs or the test would not be valid to see if you had potential blood sugar problems or not.

Why stop now? You're doing great!

Beth

Pax_dl Tue, May-20-03 05:15

True, he also stated that he appreciated it when you trusted him and his method and go right through with the diet into continuous weight loss.

You must start all over if you leave keto lypose.

Pax_dl