Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   General Low-Carb (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   WATER --- information... (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=25075)

RamonaK Thu, Nov-08-01 13:28

WATER --- information...

Water is very ... very important on this program. We need to be washing the 'burn-off' / ketones our of our systems.

Think of your body like a water pond... if you have a constant water supply like a waterfall or run off in a creek.. the water is much clearer than if you have a pond that just sits there.. without fresh water being added.. it gets murky and green!!!!

ALSO --- several things to consider in terms of water types.

Most people in US don't drink city water. So we have bottled or softner/filter house system put on. If you have a softner/filter your water is typically more salty because you use salt to soften it and filter the chlorine.

If you have a reverse osmosis... that is a great filter.. it gets everything.. including calcium and magnesium... SO.. if you have reverse osmosis.. you really should supplement with an enhanced salt product... RO water is what is called negative water... so it draws stuff out of your system. For example most athlete’s do not drink RO water and here in AZ at the Grand Canyon they do not let hikers take RO water down the Grand Canyon because while you are huffing it down the canyon and sweating your water off :p .. RO adds to the process and you get dehydrated a lot faster.

As for bottled water… look for oxygenated, ionized or spring. Avoid the RO.

IF you thinking of buying a system for your house… get oxygenated, ionized. Avoid softeners if possible.

A few facts from a woman in the water biz....

Ramona

Lessara Fri, Nov-09-01 07:00

City Water

Thanks for all that information!! It was great and well said!
I am a strange one, I actually LIKE my city water. It has floride in it as well as a little clorine (I think it does) but it not nearly as bad as other citys I lived in. Thank you, Manchester, NH!!
I'm curious though... Does the city process plant take out the good things in water too as well as the bad things??

Steph_hi Fri, Nov-09-01 08:05

thanks

since i have been exercising and low carbing, i have needed lots of water.

at work here we only had distilled water. one person would whine and cry if it wasn't. i hated the stuff i found it made me feel ill.

so when she left the first thing i did was order spring water!! LOL

so now i'm getting lots of water, that makes me feel good and tastes way better.

thanks for the info ramona! i thought it was all in my head!

RamonaK Fri, Nov-09-01 08:25

City Water...

I think it really depends on the city and location... you are the first person I have met who loves city water.. but in your part of the country ... it may be awesome... Here in Phoenix,, it is hard (calcium) .. and has a lot of chlorine.. which actually is toxic. So I prefer to stay away from the stuff.... and drink ionized water...

Ramona