Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Success Stories (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=86)
-   -   Son at 145 lbs. (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=70816)

Yan Fri, Nov-15-02 02:16

Son at 145 lbs.

1 Attachment(s)
Here's my son at 145 lbs. He reached goal of 150 several weeks ago, but he still felt he was carrying too much excess fat around his waist and torso. So until the weight and tone are in unison, I'll monitor him as we move along.

He's in for his yearly check up tomorrow and I know his doctor won't recognize him from last year!

Talon Sat, Nov-16-02 15:00

He's come a long way - you should be so proud of him!

Kristine Sun, Nov-17-02 18:57

Wow, he looks great! :thup: And so do you!

He must be tall! I didn't notice that in the other pics you posted. :)

Yan Mon, Dec-02-02 01:06

Follow up on doctor's appointment

Thanks to all who aided me and my son and my husband as they moved along in their quest to get fit and drop the fat. It's been 8 months since I started the two of them on Atkins.

Michael did see his doctor and she applauded him in his lifestyle change as well as encouraged him to continue to keep his carbohydrates consumption, particularly processed ones, in check.

He weighed in at 144 lbs. at 5' 10". She told him he is "done" with the weight loss. At 14 and a half, he will continue to grow in height. His BMI is around 20.7 and she said that was great compared to what it was one year ago!

Besides his continued weight training, he has now taken up horseback riding. He had always wanted to do that, but was just too heavy and not comfortable. He's just having so much fun now and is only discovering himself now. I am so proud of him!

tonytiger Wed, Jan-01-03 07:30

Wow congrats!

Michael!

Congratulations!!

Now you gave a lot of inspiration to this 24 yr old, I will beat you pal! hehe!

Congrats!, its amazing!!

Now your mom should not worry about your eating, but about all the chicks looking for ya! hahaha!

Regards
Antonio

Yan Wed, May-07-03 00:28

Son holding his weight

1 Attachment(s)
My son hit goal last October and will turn 15 shortly. He now monitors his own intake on all foods and maintains his very healthy and trim 142 lbs. His doctor is very pleased with him.

dankar Wed, May-07-03 05:35

Yan...

Yan,
Both you and your son look TERRIFIC... congratulations!

Keep lifting those weights Michael. The only thing better than losing weight is adding muscle.

Good luck. dankar

Yan Wed, May-07-03 09:40

The Before & After

1 Attachment(s)
This is an easier way to see how far my son has come!

The two photos here are of my son in September of 2001 and April 2003. You wouldn't know it was the same person. He started his low carbing program around May of 2002 and reached goal in the fall of 2002.

MsJinx Wed, May-07-03 16:32

OH MY GOODNESS!! That is really amazing!

cardeda Wed, May-07-03 18:44

What an inspiration! Thank you for taking the time to present the pictures to us!

carol

Seto Kaiba Thu, May-08-03 18:17

Those are wonderful pics!! You must be so proud of him!

pjburck Fri, May-16-03 15:02

Wow!

Thanks for sharing the pics! What an inspiration!!! My son is 11 and has about 40 lbs. to go. Any tips, suggestions, low carb ideas you might want to share to keep him on this way of eating?