Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Success Stories (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=86)
-   -   Size 16!!!!!! First time in 15 years! (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=78393)

MayLisa Sun, Jan-05-03 12:50

Size 16!!!!!! First time in 15 years!

I went shopping yesterday to take advantage of the after-Christmas sales. I saw two Leslie Fay suits, size 16, drastically reduced. I bought them and decided to put them away for spring, thinking I will fit into them by then. I started Atkins on 7/8/02 at 250 lbs, size 26. Lately, I've been wearing size 20's, which are getting loose on me. (I was 189lbs on 12/20, the last time I weighed myself.) Imagine my surprise when I got home, tried on the suits, and they just about fit! Another 10 lbs and they'll look really good on me. I couldn't believe it! I haven't fit into a size 16 in about fifteen years...around 1987! Maybe they just run really big, but I don't care. I'm still in a state of shock! This feels really good, though unreal. There's a part of me that still can't believe I am being successful at this weight loss thing. I've been a failure for so long, that it's just hard to get my mind around it, but I'm working on it! ;)

DDMariana Sun, Jan-05-03 13:01

May Lisa...Good for you!! :thup:

I can feel your excitement...and I can relate as well! I just got out of my size 12's and into a 10 jeans for the first time since before high school!!

And I started at 10 pounds higher than your highest ;) ...so I KNOW that thrill...you'll be there so soon...you're so close...

No one knows that feeling of putting on something and having it FIT after wearing clothes for years we wouldn't be caught dead in now!! New body, new outlook, new life!!

Keep on doin' what you're doin'...Congratulations!! :wave:

Ambria Sun, Jan-05-03 20:48

CONGRADULATIONS!!! That is so wonderful! I too one day will be amazed at what I can wear.........keep smiling - I am sure there will be many more in your life.

:clap: I applaud you!

Nems Sun, Jan-05-03 21:38

Hi MayLisa :wave:

I am so excited for you! :clap:

Congrats!

mkathy6 Mon, Jan-06-03 03:30

Condgratulations!!!!!!!

That is the stuff that keeps motivation up! Keep it up!!!

Rainbowgc Mon, Jan-06-03 06:28

Wow what great motivation - I am personally thrilled for you!
Erika

TeriDoodle Mon, Jan-06-03 08:19

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!

I LOVE that feeling!! Wooooo hooooooo!! :D:D:D:D

MacOSrules Mon, Jan-06-03 09:06

Congratulations!

I didn't think of clothes sizes as a goal. Right now I'm just hoping to get to 199! I'll be singing and dancing then! It's been about 2 years since I've been there. Actually it's been two years since I've been below 210, so I'm doing a little dance now. I can hardly wait until I'm a size 16 again. Thanks for the inspiration.

Moira

marleegirl Mon, Jan-06-03 09:08

WAY TO GO!!!!!

That is so GREAT!!!! It has to be so nice to buy new clothes. I just started atkins. But I remember the feeling when I've lost weight in the past. That is just so awesome!! I bet you look and feel great. You're on your way ....and almost done. WAY TO GO!!!!

windy Mon, Jan-06-03 10:10

Way to go LisaMay. What a wonderful feeling it is to get into smaller clothes. Keep up the great work!!! :yay:

Windy

shannonlea Mon, Jan-06-03 19:47

Way go Go LisaMay!

I can totally relate to your feeling of happiness being able to fit into a smaller size. I was a size 16 over the summer and today.. I slipped on a pair of size 12 Old Navy jeans and they zipped right up with no problem!!! I bought them new last year and assumed they'd fit. When I got them home I could not pull them up over my hips!!! So to get them zipped and comfortable.. MY GOD I could have cried. Now I cannot wait until they become lose and I need a belt!! Now that will make me smile even more. :daze:

kmwebb1967 Wed, Jan-08-03 10:15

Wow!!!

LisaMay!!! At this rate you'll be in a bikini by summertime!!! That is my goal! Good for you!!!

Mama2five Thu, Jan-09-03 17:31

Good for you!

Congratulations! I have a favorite dress that's around a 14/16, and my goal is to fit into that dress by spring. Keep up the good work!

babette Thu, Jan-09-03 17:49

Congrats!!

Way to go! :cheer::cheer::cheer::cheer:

I have a whole closet full of skinny clothes -- can't wait for some of them to start fitting again!

:cheer::cheer::cheer::cheer: