Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Atkins Diet (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   Things that make you smile. . . (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=161206)

niudog Wed, Jan-21-04 11:03

Things that make you smile. . .

Just walked back to my desk with my leftover steamed broccoli, grilled chicken and tofu mac-n-cheese for lunch.

I glanced at the guy who sits 2 cubes down and he was munching on a carrot stick with a can of slimfast on his desk.

I said to myself. . . Hey - that used to be me!!!

And I bet my lunch tastes much better than his!!!

Justjen72 Wed, Jan-21-04 11:56

:agree:

I do the same thing. My meals are so much tastier. I even had a few people ask me how I made the fried cauliflower because it smelled so good when I heated it up.

Alina Wed, Jan-21-04 12:00

I hear you! Way to go......

Can you imagine the looks I get when I put extra butter on everything? :lol:

Good luck....

Alina

stashyc Wed, Jan-21-04 13:03

I don't miss those days, although I have a confession....I really liked those Slim-fast shakes.... :rolleyes: I used to make them in the blender, chocolate with instant coffee mixed in. They never ever satisfied me, though.

Ohio Kim Wed, Jan-21-04 13:04

You should see the looks I get when I order a Subway salad with extra cheese and lots of mayo. Lots of fat, fat, fat!

Bugspit Wed, Jan-21-04 13:07

LOL, Jen how do you make the freid cauliflower?

csj Wed, Jan-21-04 13:15

Oh yeah, it is a hoot! I love my co-workers. I really do but we have totally incompatible eating habits. There are only 3 of us in the office so they always see my lunches and comment on how good they look/smell. But they eat total junk for snacks, drink pop, and survive on fast food lunches.

Bill L Wed, Jan-21-04 13:25

Today, my department at work sprung for Minski's pizza! 30 people were watching me as I loaded up my plate with 4 nice big pieces and calmly walked back to my desk.

I then proceded to separate the toppings from the crust and throw away the "POISON"........

At least 3 people said, "I can't believe your throwing away the good part!"

I just smiled and said, "I've lost 40 pounds throwing away the "good part"!"

Then I admired the sign in my cube that says.......CAUTION!!!...ENTERING THE NO-CARB ZONE!!!

Bill..............310/270/225.......almost half way there!

Justjen72 Wed, Jan-21-04 16:30

I found the recipe in the recipe section of this forum. It is sooooo yummy. I think it is listed as cauli-fried rice.

WeeOne Wed, Jan-21-04 16:43

Nobody really comments on what I eat, except for how it smells good. We have a group here that eat out everyday for lunch, then complain how they are so stuffed, tired and broke!

How is the Mock Mac & Cheese, I have tried tofu and never liked it.

Wee

niudog Wed, Jan-21-04 21:23

WeeOne. . . I slice the tofu into noodle size pieces. They get all ooey gooey cheesy in the oven. I even put it under the broiler for a few secs so the top gets browned on top. It even tastes great the next day for breakfast or lunch. Try it, you just might like it!!!

gr8smile Wed, Jan-21-04 23:02

What makes me smile?

It's gotta be eating until I'm satiated and not full. That's nice for a change (that is, when I get my appetite back).

gr8smile

gr8smile Wed, Jan-21-04 23:05

Things that make me smile?

Definitely eating until I'm satiated and not full. That's nice for a change. It feels good to be in control.

gr8smile