Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Atkins Diet (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   pee (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=135863)

rosemam Mon, Sep-08-03 15:05

pee

Ok...I know this is weird and I haven't wanted to ask b/c it isn't very ladylike...lol, but in the past whenever i am LCing, the first couple of days my urine turns this neon yellow color. Not the yellow, i haven't had much water today, but a very unusual color. It always happens the first couple of days and then stops. Is the an indication that i am in ketosis? If so i'm worried, because i've been LCing for eight days now and today was the first day that the strange pee appeared. Hm...

Rosebud Mon, Sep-08-03 15:11

Hi Rose,

Do you only take vitamins when you are LCing? Because the B vitamins change urine to a bright yellow. ;)

Ketosis can affect the odour of urine, but does not change the colour.

Cheers.

:rose:Rosebud:rose:

hramsey76 Mon, Sep-08-03 15:12

Strange that you say that, cauce my urine has became very yellow and stronger when I'm low carbing (almost like beer) I just thought it was casue I'm not intaking enough water. Maybe someone else has similar symptoms.

rosemam Mon, Sep-08-03 18:02

hm...could be the supplements. i just started back on them today. thanks

DaRockman Mon, Sep-08-03 18:18

I've noticed the same thing myself.
No, I haven't added any supplements or anything different.
Maybe I can get a job filling up those NEON signs! :p

bigggdaddy Mon, Sep-08-03 19:47

Since, I wasn't the one to bring this up I just gotta ask this question of the men. Have you all seen your frequency of urination increase (Geez, that sounded so clinical for "Are ya peein a bunch more!)

I am serious here though. I have always drank plenty of water but since I started the LCing, I swear I pee more than my wife does. And that is an accomplishment :lol:

BigggDaddy

galxcgrl26 Tue, Sep-09-03 10:15

oil slick

well, I've noticed for some time that my pee looks like an oil slick. It has that ripple look you get when you wash the oil off your drive way. Any one notice that, or am I just strange?

JuanValdez Tue, Sep-09-03 10:20

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigggdaddy
Since, I wasn't the one to bring this up I just gotta ask this question of the men. Have you all seen your frequency of urination increase (Geez, that sounded so clinical for "Are ya peein a bunch more!)

I am serious here though. I have always drank plenty of water but since I started the LCing, I swear I pee more than my wife does. And that is an accomplishment :lol:

BigggDaddy

yes alot more :roll:

amy576 Tue, Sep-09-03 10:25

I have this problem also. When I went to the Dr. to get a couple tests run...they did a urine sample. The nurse showed the Dr. my urine because she was shocked how yellow it was. They said they were running a bunch of tests because they thought there was something else wrong. Anyway, when I got my test results in the mail, they included a note. It said, "Urine has strange color because body is in Ketosis...from Atkins diet." So, I think you're ok, it's probably just a sign of ketosis for you too!

HTH
~Amy

mrjoshua Tue, Sep-09-03 10:35

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigggdaddy

BigggDaddy

constantly....i drink over a gallon a day so i go quite a bit!!:lol:

Plagiomom Tue, Sep-09-03 11:07

Quote:
I swear I pee more than my wife does. And that is an accomplishment

BigggDaddy :lol: - I'm glad I'm not the only woman in the world whose DH teases her about her constant need to use the facilities. :lol:

I also have a different color urine. I mentioned it to my Endo who was sending me to have tests run anyway, so she added a urinalysis. I got the results today and everything was fine. So my guess is for me the color change is ketosis because I am drining about (or over) 72 oz of water a day, so I'm pretty certain it's not dehydration.

~Jaya

Ms.Kidy Tue, Sep-09-03 13:31

I know a couple times my urine was almost florescent looking. Kind of freaked me out, (Nice to hear that others have same concerns) but I figured it was due to the amount of water I was taking in.

xcarbqueen Tue, Sep-09-03 13:32

This is a funny subject. lol I have only noticed mine when I eat asparagus. Has funny smell also. I ate asparagus almost every night on my first time on induction for my veggies. Now I now there is more to induction for veggies than just that. lol

Hilary M Tue, Sep-09-03 14:19

I have the oil-slick look, too. I figure it could just be fat (that has to be oily, right?) getting washed out of my body. A good sign!

NYorker Tue, Sep-09-03 16:28

Mine often looks neon lime green! A little disconcerting to say the least.