Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Students & Teens (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=120)
-   -   Exercise (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=181566)

gachic05 Thu, Apr-29-04 18:44

Exercise

What do y'all do for exercise? I'm looking for some new intense cardio. I'm getting sick of salsa dancing and jogging. Any good ideas?

Tae Bo
Punching Bag
Jogging
Salsa Dancing

kerryanne Sat, May-01-04 13:25

Have you tried something less intence but just as good....I do yoga.....Its really relaxing and its really good for toning up.....Hope this helps...Keep up the ggod work

erinleigh Mon, May-03-04 14:20

I do pilates, its relaxing and also tones you!

Justin_UGR Mon, May-03-04 16:38

umm... I need to do more cardio. About all I do is ride my jet ski its really really intense, my legs and ass and arms and cheast hurt the next day, but I ride like 4 or 5 hours evey weekend, also your heart rate gets up while Jetsking, but I need something that isn't boring that I can do almost eveyday.

gachic05 Mon, May-03-04 18:45

yeah... jet skiing is fun... and you really do get a workout. But unfortunately, the nearest lake is 1 1/2 hours from here so I only jet ski about once a month.

bluesfan88 Mon, May-03-04 19:20

since i am a dancer , i dance usually 2 times a week and then run about 3 times a week. the weather is so great here in the spring that love to go out and run. then i also do crunches on my excersise ball. another idea could be using free standing weights . they sell them really cheep at a place like target i think. i am talking about the 3,5,and 10 pound weights :)

gachic05 Mon, May-03-04 19:39

I have the 2-10 pound weights and I use those for the Body for life weight training.... but I'm just looking for fun cardio. I have a few dance videos.... the salsa dance, the paula abdul.... darren's dance grooves. I took ballet for awhile during color guard.... and I love to get dirty on the dance floor haha... but other than that, I'm not much of a dancer. I think I'm going to try pilates. Everyone that has tried it seems to like it. I do yoga every once in awhile.... but I don't find it very relaxing.

Justin_UGR Mon, May-03-04 22:57

Believe or not I used to lift in highschool 2 years ago when I wrestled there, so I dont need the bulk or muscle mass I need cardio to burn fat, you know? I just hate running I guess I'll resort to biking again

Justin_UGR Mon, May-03-04 23:23

I added some newer pictures to my gallery:

My Low Carb gallery
From when I started to lose weight, I need to take more cause I've lost more since then.

gachic05 Tue, May-04-04 04:09

Looking good!

Justin_UGR Tue, May-04-04 14:29

Thanks!! It's hard work but someone got to look this good lol : 0

bluesfan88 Tue, May-04-04 17:02

you are looking much more happy now and you are looking really good with out the extra weight . those pics are great !!!!!have a greeat tuesday

Justin_UGR Tue, May-04-04 17:14

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesfan88
you are looking much more happy now and you are looking really good with out the extra weight . those pics are great !!!!!have a greeat tuesday

THX hommie :)