Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Atkins Diet (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   What's your favorite NUT? (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=153186)

serrelind Tue, Dec-09-03 13:32

What's your favorite NUT?

I know peanuts are legume, but what the heck, I still consider them a nut :)

What's your favorite type?

scorpio381 Tue, Dec-09-03 13:36

Macadamias for me! Love your new pic, Serrelind!

serrelind Tue, Dec-09-03 13:37

Thanks, Scorpio! :)

I love macadamias too!

adkpam Tue, Dec-09-03 13:37

Cashews are my favorite, as in can't-stop-good-heavens!
They are also a darn legume.
However, I have gotten quite fond of almonds, which are a much better deal, carbwise.

petcrazed Tue, Dec-09-03 13:38

"whats your favorite nut?"

Besides my husband? he is a nut. :lol: :lol:

but other then him i would say peanuts! :roll:

fitznoski Tue, Dec-09-03 13:41

Pistachios - That's why there are none in the house! I munch on walnuts and add them to everything from cole slaw to ice cream. I still manage to get in trouble some days with the walnuts but it was an every day thing when there were pistachios around.

xtena Tue, Dec-09-03 13:42

Only one choice? I had to choose almonds, though pecans and cashews are just as good. Actually I love most nuts, except Brazil nuts and I find macadamias are only so-so...

Hilary M Tue, Dec-09-03 14:09

I picked peanuts — the salted kind still in the shell, like they serve when you sit down at a steak house. Man, I could eat those things all day.

But I also love almonds, cashews and macadamia nuts. Peanuts are just so much more readily accessable.

NYorker Tue, Dec-09-03 14:18

This bears out my longtime theory that NO ONE likes Brazil nuts.

Give me hazelnuts every time. I pick them out of the bowl in fancy bars. And nothing - nothing - goes better with chocolate.

adukart Tue, Dec-09-03 14:36

Are Brazil nuts those really big ones when you buy the mixed nuts? If so, I bought some the other day and my friend that I was with started picking those out, and I was like eeww but hey at least I didn't have to throw them this time.

I agree with ADKPam, I love cashews but don't eat them anymore because of the carbs and have switched to almonds.

Delta Fox Tue, Dec-09-03 15:15

I had to say almonds in the memory of the days when I would eat them covered in a thick layer of chocolate :rolleyes: ...but I love the macadamias, pecans and cashews too!!! (I am not eating nuts until I get closer to goal 'cause they trigger cravings for me) :)

Frederick Tue, Dec-09-03 15:17

For me, peanuts are easily my favorite.

The last survey I did on nuts excluded peanuts as an answer because of it being officially classified as a legume. I thought, "what rubbish?" Peanuts aren't a nut? what? These are the very same people who will one day start the AMFS--American Semantics Fetish Society.

Naturally, I like the chocolate covered peanuts.

Wynter Tue, Dec-09-03 15:22

I struggled to choose, and decided on picking "no nuts"... simply because I've never liked eating nuts. I am, however, learning to love almond flour... hmmm... perhaps I should have said almonds in that case :daze:

MyJourney Tue, Dec-09-03 15:46

I picked almonds since I love anything almond (except chocolate amazing enough) I love marzipan, almond butter etc.

Hazelnuts Now thats a nut that goes great with chocolate mmmm I also pick them out of the bowls too and even had my ex boyfriend trained that whenever we went to a place that had fancy nuts around he would pick out all the hazelnuts first and give them to me

Macadamias are great but I cannot keep away from the salted find so I avoid them usually or never eat more than 11.

brazil nuts are next. I really like them but they must be roasted and salted and the calorie count on them is so high I dont eat them often.

Peanuts are next I can eat them on their own but so far my body doesnt handle them too well so I am keeping away from them for a while. I used to like the honey roasted ones but no more of those for me. I would like to eat peanut butter once in a while but I think I have a ways to go before I can do that and not set off other cravings.

Pecans and walnuts are tied for next place. They are good but I would pick another given the choice. I hate butter pecan Ice cream. I used to make a spinach salad with carmelized pecans tossed in and that was about the only way I liked them. Walnuts are pretty much in the same boat. In some things they are great but not something I would want to eat all the time.

Pistachios are next. I like the flavor in certain things and I love pistachio Ice cream and pudding though. I could never sit and eat a bowl of pistachios. 3 nuts and I am done. I wouldnt touch them if they were in a bowl.

Cashews are last. At best they are tolerable when eaten with chicken and some type of soy sauce but I would prefer water chestnuts or most other nuts instead. My ex boyfriend loved cashews. For christmas one year he got this huge huge huge thing of cashews (about 3 gallon size maybe larger) I wouldnt touch them. They would ony be used when I would make him cashew chicken. He loved them. I wonder if he still has that thing.

Wicked_1 Tue, Dec-09-03 15:53

Gotta go w/ almonds on this one. I eat them almost every day.