Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   CAD/CALP (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=100)
-   -   Question for experienced CADder (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=105352)

gretchend Wed, May-14-03 13:48

Question for experienced CADder

Okay, this is what I have eaten today:

Breakfast - 4 sausage patties &Carb Control Shake (2 carbs, 2 fiber)

Lunch- tuna with mayo and a serving of mozzarella cheese

Snack- a serving of mozzarella cheese and a serving of pepperoni

Drinks - 4 16.9 oz bottles water

My question is: Does this menu qualify me for CAD with the exception of the Shake? I was thinking about starting tonight but I don't have salad, but I have veggies and was wondering if I would qualify. The cravings for junk is getting too much on Atkins.

gretchend Wed, May-14-03 15:18

Okay, where is everyone???? It's getting close to dinnertime and I wanted to know, should I consider today's menu a CAD diet and have my RM, or should I start tomorrow?

Jalera2003 Wed, May-14-03 15:25

CAD consists of two "complementary meals" and one "reward meal" per day. This is the basic plan, it can be tweaked depending on rate of loss.

CM's are: up to 4 oz protein, and up to 2 cups LC vegetables, with up to 2 T fat.

RM is a balanced feast, you may eat a carb treat but it should be balanced with protein, veggies etc.

CALP is stricter in terms of the RM balance: 2 cups salad, and a plate that is 1/3,1/3,1/3 protein, LC veg, carbo food (includes dessert).

I hope this helps you analyse your day so far....

Janice

quikdeb Wed, May-14-03 15:55

I would say go for that RM. You are definately lacking in veggies today so try to get plenty in at RM and work on that tomorrow. Probably good idea, as you mentioned, to drop the shake. I don't have any experience with that. Seem to be mixed reviews, but generally adhereing to the lists is best.

A snack is allowed if needed and your snack would have been appropriate.

Hope I wasn't too late and you went ahead and enjoyed that meal.

Good luck,
Deb

dcbrowne Wed, May-14-03 18:30

I would try to limit the snack, a snack is allowed on the plan with the least weight loss, but I find the plan works better without that 4th eating session. Just my opinion.

gretchend Thu, May-15-03 05:25

Thank you so much. Yes, unfortunately, you were too late but I went ahead and had the RM anyway. I had for dinner Turkey burgers with cheese (still no bun) about two cups cooked broccoli with butter, strawberries, and some CHOCOLATE!!!!! TOM is coming this week and I really needed that. I don't have anymore shakes so that is good too. I needed the snack because I didn't eat enough breakfast. I will boil up some eggs this morning and that should help. By the way, can anyone explain the coffee rule again and on cheats someone said not to start drinking until you start your RM, but if it is water it's okay right? Whatever drinks they were referring to was other than water, right? You guys are so incredibly helpful. I got on the scale this morning and I was down 2 pounds, so I am happier than I was yesterday, for sure, especially because I know that I am not going to be deprived of the foods I love. This is so awesome!!!!

Jaden Thu, May-15-03 07:03

you can have one cup of coffee per day. (thank god, I sure was missing my morning coffee on atkins)

you can have spenda and cream if you want. The catch is you are supposed to drink the whole thing in 15 minutes.

Jaden

Zuleikaa Thu, May-15-03 07:14

You can have black coffee, no cream throughout the day. Remember, if you use AS, you need to count it and take it out if you don't lose.

gretchend Thu, May-15-03 08:14

Thanks, I guess if I have to drink it within 15 minutes, I better let it cool down first. By the way, you guys are great. On the Atkins site, people (some) are so insensitive about addiction. They act holier than thou about cheating and I look at their stats and wonder how they can be so good about not cheating yet weigh so much, sounds like a farce to me, but anywhooo you guys are great here, I am glad I switched.

quikdeb Thu, May-15-03 15:25

Your RM looked great. Some people need a snack to start with, but few, to my knowledge, keep it up for very long.

Deb