Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Atkins Diet (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   help help (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=100614)

coolazchic Wed, Apr-23-03 11:10

help help

My company will be taking us all out to olive garden for dinner tomorrow what the heck can I possibly order there besides salad??

wcollier Wed, Apr-23-03 11:17

Here's their menu:

Oops, I thought it was lunch, so I just deleted my posted and added this link:

http://www.olivegarden.com/ourmenus..._nc_entrees.asp

Good luck

Skamito Wed, Apr-23-03 11:22

Order a meat based dish that is not on top of pasta, then substitute the roasted potatoes for a second side of veggies and voila!

Good luck! They give you unlimited salad so you won't go hungry no matter what. I'd get a T-bone. ;)

MsJinx Wed, Apr-23-03 11:38

I think I'd call ahead and ask about the dressing. I really like it but it seems possible that sugar is added... I sure wouldn't want to waste any carbs on that!

MsJinx Wed, Apr-23-03 11:40

Called myself. Does your dressing contain sugar? "SURE DOES!" :mad:

liz175 Wed, Apr-23-03 11:41

If I am unsure about the salad dressing in a restaurant, I just ask for oil and vinegar. I have never been in a restaurant that was unable to bring out little jars of oil and vinegar so I could dress my salad myself. This is what they do in Italy anyway -- they never have prepared dressing, just shakers of oil and vinegar.

Bleach Wed, Apr-23-03 11:42

I like to get Chicken Marsala, but ask them to hold the flour coating - otherwise, even though you may think it's not there, it is, just thinly!

coolazchic Wed, Apr-23-03 11:43

Thank you guys so much!! I will go with the steak and the oil and vinegar for the salad. I love all that yummy high carb food so cross your fingers that I don't mess up. If I have a yummy steak in front of me I don't see how I can go wrong. :thup:

Tiggerdy Wed, Apr-23-03 12:10

I've eaten their grilled chicken w/broccoli covered in alfredo sauce. The guy looked at me all weird when I asked for no pasta, but he got it for me nontheless!

I just had lunch there last Friday. LOADS of salad (crap, sugar :rolleyes: but thanks for the info Jinx) and some broth from the minestrone soup- I picked out some of the 'legal' veggies from that too. The broth probably had loads of hidden carbs, but I think I had a total of maybe 6 tbsp of it- shouldn't have made that much of a difference.

Good luck and enjoy!
Nikki :daizy:

Skamito Wed, Apr-23-03 12:18

A more specific question would be, "How much sugar is in your dressing?" Just about EVERY dressing has sugar. If it only a gram or two per serving, it's not too bad. Of course, oil and vinegar is still your best option.

Ah, it's on their website:

What is the nutritional content of your salad dressing?
Each two (2) tablespoon serving contains the following: 90 calories; 70 calories from fat; fat 8 grams; saturated fat 1 gram; cholesterol 5 mg; sodium 530 mg; carbohydrates 3 grams; protein >1 gram.

It's a little high. Oil and vinegar would be a better choice. :)

Pugzilla Wed, Apr-23-03 12:42

The Pork Filettino and the Tuscan Steak sound delicious! I think we'll be heading to Olive Garden this weekend! :yum:

orzabelle Wed, Apr-23-03 12:44

Heh, heh, heh. Back in the day (early twenties) I was a waitress at an Olive Garden in Orlando. So... they DO have oil and vinegar, and I'd order Chicken Alfredo, hold the fettucini. And have lots of salad with o & V.

Goat Lady Wed, Apr-23-03 12:44

How big is your purse?? I'd take my own salad dressing!

Good Luck and have fun!

black57 Wed, Apr-23-03 12:49

Take Your Own

Take your own salad dressing. You may also find that the restaurant is very accomodating. For example you may request spinach or broccoli as a pasta replacement. Ask for the chicken to be served on the vegetables instead of pasta. That is what I would do.

Black57 :wave: