Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Atkins Diet (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   Diet Orange Crush 0Carbs ? (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=172045)

Dusty2020 Wed, Mar-10-04 19:41

Diet Orange Crush 0Carbs ?

Hi

I am wondering if Diet Crush really has 0 grams of net carbs in it. I have read that Splenda itself (powder from box) contains 1gm per teaspoon. I know there probably isn't a ton of Splenda in the drink but I can easily drink six cans a day on a weekend. The last thing I want to do is mess up my WOE.

Thanks for your comments

Dusty

LoCarbnit Wed, Mar-10-04 20:06

pourable splenda has carbs due to the bulking agents, but liquid splenda truely is carb free. :)

nikkil Thu, Mar-11-04 01:35

Yup, I agree with the above post BUT...

make sure you're still drinking your water and the drink isn't replacing it! Anything other than water doesn't count toward your water intake for the day :)

Dusty2020 Thu, Mar-11-04 05:12

Thanks !

I do drink 2L of water a day as well. Was a little hard getting used to it but now drinking that much water is second nature.

JeannieM Thu, Mar-11-04 09:23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusty2020
Hi

I am wondering if Diet Crush really has 0 grams of net carbs in it. I have read that Splenda itself (powder from box) contains 1gm per teaspoon. I know there probably isn't a ton of Splenda in the drink but I can easily drink six cans a day on a weekend. The last thing I want to do is mess up my WOE.

Thanks for your comments

Dusty

Dusty,

I don't buy Diet Crush because I think it DOES have carbs. I may be wrong, but I remember looking at the back of the can and it said that it had 3 carbs, or something like that.

I buy Diet Sunkist instead.

Jeannie

Angel66668 Thu, Mar-11-04 11:03

No it has 5 carbs per can-look at the label, I made the same mistake myself. I get diet Sunkist instead-it has 0 carbs.

HogarthNH Thu, Mar-11-04 13:04

Note, all of the diet orange / mountain dew type sodas tend to contain Brominated Vegetable Oil.

It's on the FDA watch list for possibly unsafe additives and is just generally a not nice thing.

Makes Aspartame look like fairy dust.

I would advise advoidance.

sixpence Thu, Mar-11-04 15:54

Tangerine Diet Rite is a great substitute for orange flavored diet drinks!!!

Dusty2020 Thu, Mar-11-04 17:18

I have a can right here and it says 0g of carbs but I was not aware of the brominated veggie oil. Oh great another black list item grrrrr.
Thanks for the tip on the Diet Rite and Diet Sunkist but up here in Canada I am not sure it is easy to find. At least here in Ottawa which bites !

Have a great day
Dusty

JeannieM Thu, Mar-11-04 17:46

Dusty -- that's REALLY strange because here in the US Orange Crush definitely has carbs. They must use a different recipe up there in the north...

:)

Jeannie

nikkil Fri, Mar-12-04 18:41

I have never been able to find diet crush in any flavour :rolleyes: When I go state-side I buy Diet Rite (just bought the tangerine--yum!!). I pour it over ice with heavy whipping cream--great for a 'dessert' treat!

Nicole