Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Low-Carb Products (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   What have you bought at netrition.com that you would recomend? (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=143445)

DeanaJane Fri, Oct-17-03 12:26

What have you bought at netrition.com that you would recomend?

I'm looking into buying some products from netrition.com and would like some input on what is good. What you have tasted and liked.
I'm looking at jam, some pancake mixes, crackers etc.
I know I like the Da Vinci syrup, that is a for sure and definately NO bars. I've tried some and I'm not willing to waste my money or chance a stall. Can anyone help me out and recomends products?

Thanks
Deana

serrelind Fri, Oct-17-03 12:31

keto hot cereal in banana nut flavor.. i'm addicted to that stuff :yum:

rishamoon Fri, Oct-17-03 12:33

I buy my low carb tortillas through there. I wouldn't reccomend the Davinci chocolate sauce, it just isn't quite right... LOL.

Rachelle Fri, Oct-17-03 12:37

I got the Splenda Sweetened Baha Bob's Margarita Mixers... YUMMY...
( :lol: look at me the little alcoholic... :lol: )
Also got my KetoStix from them...not to costly..

ian559 Fri, Oct-17-03 12:46

the cheeters brand crackers!!! and the things above too

solamander Fri, Oct-17-03 15:01

I've bought LaTortillas, Just the Cheese crackers, Atkins Bake Mix and ThicknThin.
Never had any problems

KristiTalm Fri, Oct-17-03 15:21

The tortilla's are awesome. Regular flavor and the garlic herb flavor rock.

DO NOT BUY LC PASTA!!! super yuck. Don't bother.

Some of the bars are ok, but most have a nasty fake flavor.

I tried the atkins bread a few times. If you really missed bread, this is ok. Doesn't taste like traditional bread, but it doesn't taste like that nasty styrofoam LC Pasta either.

Kristi

Tiawyn Fri, Oct-17-03 17:18

I tried the Flax-O-Meal Sugar Free Granola, Cinnamon Nutrageous (from Low Carb Success) They taste like broken up granola bars - very yummy!

I also like the Atkins chocolate chip crisp morning start bars - I couldn't find them anywhere else so I got those as well. ...oops, noticed the no bars. Though I have to say - these DON'T taste like the advantage protein bars (or any other protein bars for that matter) - they kind of taste like chewy granola bars.

And though I get mine from the grocery store, if they aren't available where you are, the LaTortilla Low carb tortillas are TO DIE FOR! I can't live without them in my house anymore!

DeanaJane Fri, Oct-17-03 20:18

Thanks for the suggestions. Now I get to place an order this weekend.

Deana

cincin11 Tue, Oct-21-03 09:09

I know you probably already placed your order, but along with the other things I have bought the steeles strawberry jam sweetened with splenda. It is a lot better than that 50/50 jam with aspartame. But not as good as the real stuff . It sure makes great pb &j's .Yum. Guess what I am going to have right now. pb &j . I hate that . Talking about something ,then I have to eat it.

DeanaJane Tue, Oct-21-03 09:11

Thank you so much for suggesting the jam. I actually haven't ordered yet I was hoping someone would suggest which jam to buy. There were a couple of brands and I wasn't sure if one was better than the other. Now I know which one to try.

Thanks cincin11

Deana

cincin11 Tue, Oct-21-03 09:14

I didnt try any other ones. At first I didnt like it that much but then it grew on me. lol. Its not the same as the sugar kind. Maybe try the other one. or buy both. I wish I had ordered more , I am out now,the one I am going to make now is gonna have the 50/50 junk . but thats all I got left.

cincin11 Tue, Oct-21-03 09:18

Sorry , but here I go again. I also bought Davinci syrups, cookie dough,pancake and vanilla. For dessert I make peanut butter, a davinci syrup , and cream ,maybe some cocoa. I used to use splenda ,but dont anymore. Why waste the carbs. I use davinci for sweetener. The cookie dough or vanilla are great in coffee too. Almost like dessert. I use it every morning. pancake not very good.

DeanaJane Tue, Oct-21-03 09:18

I'm not sure of this so don't quote me. But I'm thinking I was the 50/50 in the grocery store and it had hydrogenated oil in the ingredients? I've looked at so many labels lately I'm not sure if it was the jam or PB anymore. LOL

Can you tell me does your bottle have hydrogenated in it or not?

Deana

bcadieux Tue, Oct-21-03 09:20

Keto jam is good too. Compare size and price with Steeles.
Steels praline sauce is good but I didn't like the chocolate sauce.
La tortilla has their own website so you can compare prices there.