Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Atkins Diet (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   am i eating enough (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=107372)

stacy41230 Thu, May-22-03 12:25

am i eating enough

Im not sure I am eating enough. I only have dinner left to eat and I have only used 6 carbs. Also, what percent of fat should I eat. Mine is 57% as of right now.

stacy41230 Thu, May-22-03 12:57

i posted what i have eaten today in my journal. take a look and see if i am doing this thing alright.

thanks

mjchyzy Thu, May-22-03 13:01

Stacy,
I am asking the same questions. The book says 10-15 g carbs. I'm pushing myself to make sure I get them. I love salad and am getting the carbos there and in my eggs/cheese.

Calories and fat... I've read on this site that you should have at least 10x your goal weight in calories. Boost that to 10x your current weight if your not losing.

Fat. I read people in the 70%-95% range losing the most.

Right now I'm trying to figure these out for my body. Good luck and I hope more people post.

(Note that when I was LCing in 2001, I lost almost 25 pounds. It worked for me then and I'm hoping it will work for me again. My resistance seems to be greater this time around. )

Read the book, exercise, and drink your water. Above all - don't use your carbs on wasted food (sugar, bread, rice/pasta, etc). You've worked hard to go from a carb load to a protien/fat load.

You can do it!

~Mary

erbadger Thu, May-22-03 13:27

I try and keep my calories to less than 1600/day (that is slightly higher than 12x) I find that I usually have about 60% fat, although on high fat days (70%) I am less hungry, than my 50% days. I eat about 20g/carbs day. Are you eating enough cheese? That always bumps up my calories and carbs, up to 4 oz are allowed on induction. If you have room, I think it is ok to add a little extra veggie serving, or some olives or something.

Just depends if you are hungry or not!!!

Journal looks good to me, but I think I would be a little hungry with your lunch!!!

my journal has my foods if you want to compare.

stacy41230 Thu, May-22-03 13:37

thanks for your help. I think my problem is that I am so afraid of eating too much. This will take alot of getting used to for me. I will eat more cheese for supper as I plan on having chicken, I can just melt it on and add a little mayo I guess, I think that will help.

Hatman Thu, May-22-03 13:49

for your chicken try this.
My wife changed the recipe for me.

Chicken breast thing

make stuffing of
Cream cheese
Pesto spices
Bacon

Spread on chicken breast
Fold over use toothpick

broil chicken

mmmmmmgoood and it will help you get your carbs up and is real real easy.

stacy41230 Thu, May-22-03 13:50

I will try this. It does sound good. I havent checked the label but am I allowed bacon bits?