Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Atkins Diet (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   Bad breath fix! (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=95729)

Avengeance Mon, Mar-31-03 15:02

Bad breath fix!

I was in the store today and came across some new breath strips.. made by Altoids.

Ive completely given up gum since it has carbs, about 2 per slice, and the other breath strips have asparatame and carbs in them as well.

I picked up the Altoid strips and it said "Sugar Free and Calorie Free" so I figured they had some carbs for sweeteners. I started to read the label and low and behold they use Sucralose for sweetening.

Soooo.. if you miss gum and need help with the Keto-breath.. go get some Altoid breath strips!

whyspers Mon, Mar-31-03 16:01

I contact Pfizer on the Listerine strips and was advised that there were no calories, no sugar and no carbohydrates in them. I've been using those. Did they tell me incorrectly???

L

jers52 Mon, Mar-31-03 16:52

thanks for the tip!

I'll look for these when I am next out and about. Do they come in a tin- LOL?

Jan :wave:

Avengeance Mon, Mar-31-03 19:47

Re: thanks for the tip!

Quote:
Originally posted by jers52
I'll look for these when I am next out and about. Do they come in a tin- LOL?

Jan :wave:

Actually they do... tiny little tin case. :D

Avengeance Mon, Mar-31-03 19:49

Quote:
Originally posted by whyspers
I contact Pfizer on the Listerine strips and was advised that there were no calories, no sugar and no carbohydrates in them. I've been using those. Did they tell me incorrectly???

L

Im not sure.. I looked at the ingredients on the Listerine strips before and saw asparatame and I didnt notice any other sweeteners.. Ill double check later.

Paleoanth Mon, Mar-31-03 21:07

Eclipse strips also use Sucralose and they come in cinnamon. Gotta love that Sucralose is starting to be used more often.

wylloe Wed, Apr-02-03 23:14

I just tried the Altoids strips last night - cinnamon. OMG!!! They are awesome! Unfortunately, they belonged to a friend who isn't working tonight...so I'm relying on my old standby - Smintz - also 0 carbs/sugar.

JackieInNJ Thu, Apr-03-03 07:17

Thank You for the Altoid Strips tip.. I too saw them like 2 days ago and walked away thinking... nahhhh, I'm sure I cant have them.. I shouldn't be so negative I guess.. Thanks though.. I was getting tired of brushing my teeth every hour! LOL!
:p

whyspers Thu, Apr-03-03 07:22

I ran out of Smints yesterday and found a pack of the Eclipse that my hubby had in his basket on the dresser and filtched them...lol. I've only seen the Smints one place around here so far, but the Eclipse are definately easier to find. Have to try the Altoids now.

L

paradise Thu, Apr-03-03 08:26

I'll look for the Altoids strips tomorrow when I'm out shopping.

atiaran Fri, Apr-04-03 12:03

Wow, gum has 2 carbs per slice? Ive been using the Extra SF stuff but I chew almost all day - maybe a pack every 2 days. I bet that has somtehing to do with my lack of weight loss!

Goat Lady Fri, Apr-04-03 13:56

I just saw those yesterday at Walmart...wish I would have picked some up!!! Oh well, next time...I'll just have to have bad breath til then!!! LOL