Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Introduce Yourself (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   helloooooo i like this site. (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=124081)

bah Sat, Jul-19-03 14:03

helloooooo i like this site.

im 16 and have been on the diet for a day and a half. i tired it last week but i messed up after only 4 days, so im starting again. i did this type of diet in the 8th grade and lost 10 pounds, so im hoping it'll work again. i also lost about 10 punds over the past year by exercising and trying to keep my calories down. so now im changing the diet and trying the lowcarb one.

tinaninea Sun, Jul-20-03 04:05

Welcome!! I'm Glad To See Your Making A Good Weight Loss Decision While Your So Young. The Older You Get, The Harder It Is To Lose. Everyone Here Is Really Nice So Ask As Many Questions As You Want - There's Someone Out There Who Knows The Answer. Good Luck To You.

Tina

lburnikell Sun, Jul-20-03 04:13

Well good luck, and I agree with tinaninea the younger you are the easier it is to loose weight!! :agree:
Its a great forum here everybody is so willing to give support and help, so if you get stuck or having a bad day just post a message and somebody will try to help.
Start a journal, there is a post on the introduce yourself site at the top (how to start a journal) that way you can keep a track of how your doing, good days and bad!!

Good luck and enjoy :roll:

bah Sun, Jul-20-03 07:14

thanks to both of you! :)

lburnikell Sun, Jul-20-03 09:20

hi bah just read your journel cookies thats not low carb!! (tastey though!)
Looking at what you have eaten firstly its not enough and the cookies are a big no no. what are you drinking? what diet are you following?
if you put it all down in your journel I will keep popping in to see how your doing!

Good luck

P.s well done on starting the journel

shalizbet Sun, Jul-20-03 12:17

Hi, bah! I agree with everyone who says "Do it now, while you're young!" Be sure to decide on a plan and follow it, at least now while you're getting started. You can even use info on the plans that you'll find on the net. There are links all over this forum; that'll let you do some research without buying several books. The success stories and the ones about problems and how to solve them, as well as the recipes, will help a lot! I like the Zone because it is a bit more moderate than Atkins, and a young person would probably lose rapidly on it even though it allows a few more carbs. For pure simplicity, though, without a lot to figure out, Atkins is great. Good luck, take it one day at a time, and be patient with yourself! :wave:

lgyeager Sun, Jul-20-03 13:23

I am new to the forum. I have been on this before and lost weight. I keep getting side tracked. I am diabetic and it helps me control my sugar.

bah Mon, Jul-21-03 17:58

i only drink water. i've been doing that for about a year. i hate soda now it tastes disgusting.

kelchris77 Mon, Jul-21-03 21:50

yay another teenager! I am not alone! I wish you all the best of luck with your dieting.

bah Wed, Jul-23-03 16:37

kel how old are you?