Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   General Low-Carb (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   kfc fast food chicken (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=51895)

cinnamon Fri, Jul-19-02 15:05

kfc fast food chicken

Does anyone know if kfc chicken is ok to have? i am going to a play in the park tonight and thought we would have kfc (like a picnic dinner) i know the chicken is safe. the rest is very questionable. i am probably dreaming again about biscuits and macaroni and cheese. i could have a salad and chicken and be safe right? i'll work it out. just thought i would inquire if any one had any feedback that would be nice. thank you. oh yah I'm seeing "singin in the rain" with my 9 yo son and husband here in nh at prescott park in portsmouth. have a great weekend. :confused:

jaykay Fri, Jul-19-02 15:12

I'm probably being paranoid, but I peel the coating off KFC because I don't know what's in it, but I'm assuming there's flour. Does anyone know?
The bare chicken, with salad would be fine I'm sure.
Enjoy the play, Jay :wave:

Kayceecan Fri, Jul-19-02 15:41

kfc chicken

I agree with Jay, take the skin off to be sure. Go to www.kfc.com and you can check out the nutritional info. You may be surprised how high the carbs can get with the chicken and especially the coleslaw. Good luck.

Rhollmer Fri, Jul-19-02 16:00

I can absolutely guarantee you that KFC breading has tonz of carbz. I would get original and take the breading and skin off of it. They do have a "tender roast" chicken that you can get if you want. Or even the tender roast sandwich. Just take off the bread. =)

Something I just remembered. There is a cool site for measuring fat grams and other nutritional facts.

Go to http://www.olen.com/food/ and choose KFC. Then just hit "hit the deep fryer" button and it will pull up the entire KFC menu and tell you all the carbs, fat, protein and other stuff.

I'll leave it to you on wether or not to believe what they tell you.

Have fun!

-Rick

fth_msktr Fri, Jul-19-02 21:17

KFC also offers greenbeans on their menu. I also peel off the skin.
We get KFC frequently since I'm eating low carb it's the only fast food my family can agree on.

Atrsy Sat, Jul-20-02 16:11

That last post made me chuckle. :p It sounded like you peeled the skin off the green beans and that reminded me of something funny. My sister and I were making dinner and we told my then HS aged daughter to peel the blueberries and she actually started doing it until she said it was really difficult and saw us laughing.

Rkhinman Sat, Jul-20-02 16:47

If you go to KFC and if they still have it; get the Rotisserrie and the green beans. Something as simple as the 3 chicken strips has like 70 gms of carbs.

5 Nuggets from Wendy's has 11 gms of carbs (and they hardly have any breading at all)

Fumih_81 Sat, Jul-20-02 22:38

i was quite shocked that a piece of kfc fried chicken with breading has actually close to 20g of carbs. but u know the breading sticks to the skin......and i really love eating the crispy skin....argh... everytime i tried to remove as much breading as possible...but sometimes when i cant bear to leave the chicken skin alone. i just pop that into my mouth :)

wonder whats the carb count after removing the breadings and skins.....? :rolleyes:

cinnamon Sun, Jul-21-02 09:36

kfc i am too late...

hi all, thanks for all the feed back on the kfc chicken. i read these posts a day late, but, i did peel the skin off two breasts (original style) and it was yummy. i did do a no no. i ate almost a half of one of their delicious biscuits. i am ok though, a little slip here and a little slip there isn't gonna blow my lc'g all out of proportion. i just made sure i got right back on track. but, i thank you guys this site is AWESOME :yum:

cinnamon Sun, Jul-21-02 09:41

Rhollmer good site!!

Hey Rhollmer - that site with all the fast food is great! i found everything and then some..... thanks i owe ya one......have a nice day !! :daze:

DK141612 Sun, Aug-04-02 15:49

i had kfc last night for dinner, and this morning for breakfast, and i FINALLY found a thread about it. what i did, like many of you, is i just peeled off all the breading. on a few pieces here and there, i wasn't able to get all the breading off (there was a little on the ends) but it's not like it was a lot or anything. otherwise, kfc is delicious!