Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Introduce Yourself (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Hi I am a newbie! (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=180353)

itsamea Sat, Apr-24-04 00:00

Hi I am a newbie!

Hello Yall I am looking forward to making freinds with fellow low carbers here.
I started my diet 3 weeks ago but I was already down a few pounds from doing WW but switched because it just was too hard for me to do. i love Atkins because I never feel hungry. After the intial shock and withdrawls that my body went through the first couple of days I felt great and I had so much energy. i am ready to take on this way of life for good. I had my blood work up done before I started and it was deppressing my Cholesterol was 203 I am going to repeat the test in about a month to see if it comes down eating all these eggs and meat and cheese and pork rinds!!! I have faith in Dr Atkins he said it would. I have been sugar free for 20 days woo hoo no cheating!
:cool:

joyfire Sat, Apr-24-04 00:08

Hello Itsamea!!

Welcome!! Please make yourself at home here! There are loads of wonderful supportive people to talk to if you need help & support or just a buddy!! :)
A great way to meet others is to make a journal and visit others journals..its how alot of us communicate on here~ Your pic is sooo lovely! What a wonderful baby! I wish they stayed like that longer!! Be Well! ~Joy:roll:

itsamea Sat, Apr-24-04 10:58

Thanks Joy for the Welcome I started my journal today thanks for the advice.

eric909 Sat, Apr-24-04 13:59

Hi and welcome to the forum

LCanita Sat, Apr-24-04 14:30

What a precious picture! Welcome to the forum. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do!

orchidday Sat, Apr-24-04 14:33

Welcome to the forum - what a wonderful baby! It looks like the extra pregnancy weight gain was well worth it. Keep up the good work!

Orchid

bluesfan88 Sat, Apr-24-04 19:20

hello and welocme . you are going to love it hear . good luck with everything . btw your baby is highly cute. good luck and welcome again:)

rcaj2003 Sat, Apr-24-04 19:27

Hi, I too am just coming from Weight Watchers. I found I keep playing with the same pounds, up and down. I'm looking to go in the right direction.

ritadipp Sat, Apr-24-04 20:12

HI, i AM NEW TO THIS WEB SITE, I STARTED JAN. 2 2004, 226,
NOW DOWN TO 186, 40 LB, I AM A LIFE TIME OF WW. I THINK
GOD FOR AKINS, I AM 65 YEARS YOUNG. RETIRED FROM TDCJ. STATE OF TEXAS, ITS HARD TO BELIEVE I CAN EAT AND LOSE AT THE SAME TIME. FIRST TIME IN MY LIFE TO LOSE WEIGHT AND NOT GO WEIGH EACH WEEK. THANKS A LOT RITA

Taa Sun, Apr-25-04 04:41

Hullo,

I'm new here too. Just started last week and doing better than fine :). I have weight to lose too, but I'm actually doing this for my skin because I have atopic eczema and even thought I have good medication for it, I wanted to try Atkins since I heard it had helped some people with their eczema.