Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Atkins Diet (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   Herbal Magic (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=138880)

vbrowne Tue, Sep-23-03 12:00

Herbal Magic

Has anyone tried these supplements?

AJ_0001 Tue, Sep-23-03 13:34

My co-worker just reached her goal weight after being on Herbal Magic for 4 1/2 months - she looks absolutely fabulous - she just returned from maternity leave and had been a size 16 after baby - is now a size 6. She said it was expensive but worth it - year long follow up after goad is reached to keep her on track - sounds more like the Zone food plan - lower fat, higher carbs and protein - fruits and a few grains right from the beginning, and supplements which are metabolism boosters plus chromium - she is extremely happy with the results. I have worked with her for 8 years and have never seen her look this happy and wonderful before, even pre-babies! Her only negative comment was price, but again, it was worth it to her.

Marchstart Tue, Sep-23-03 13:45

Yes a friend of mine has the same results.....she lost 55 lbs...and is a size 10 now.....costly ...but worth it to her too.....

lbiessen Tue, Sep-23-03 13:46

What is it and what does it do. Is it approved by the Fed. Government?

vbrowne Tue, Sep-23-03 13:50

Thanks for the replys. I wasn't thinking of doing their plan because of the cost, but they told me that people doing LC often buy the Chromax and the thermogenic - that's what some people I know are starting to do. I've heard the results are excellent as well. Here's the site to have a look http://www.herbalmagicsystems.com/a...weightmgmt.html

Vikki

LadyBelle Tue, Sep-23-03 15:05

Looking at the ingredients I'm seeing alot of caffine and a few other herbs common to many weight loss products. You might be able to get the same results from a cheaper suppliment. $60 for 10 days seems a little extream to me. That's almost $200 a month just for the WM-4000™

The Chromium you can buy at most pharmacies and health food stores for less. At least that has 100 pills for $22, so much cheaper then the WM-4000 product.

With the bars, the second ingredient is gluclose/fruitose, the 5th ingredient is sugar, there is also dextrose listed, and lactose. So that means sugar is listed at least 3 times and is probably the main ingredient. I don't see any information on fat/carbs/protien.

If you want try it. I would follow thier plan instead of trying to do Atkins with it as the bars are high carb, unless you forgo the bars and just do the suppliments. Honestly though I think you can come up with a much cheaper alternative.

vbrowne Wed, Sep-24-03 06:49

I never eat any kind of bars anyway, thought I'd give the 4000 and chromax a try (I've bought it now), but you're right, I can get a lot cheaper supplements at the healthfood store.

Diana D Wed, Sep-24-03 11:04

vbrowne

I tried to PM you, but couldn't send it. It says your PM box may be full. Pls advise.

Diana

vbrowne Wed, Sep-24-03 11:59

Diana - I always get notified my inbox is full even when it isn't - you can e-mail me at **********if you'd like.

vbrowne Thu, Sep-25-03 10:23

Hi Diana - PM is empty now.

Sorry Rosebud, didn't know I couldn't post e-mail ... we used to, didn't we??

Vikki

Rosebud Thu, Sep-25-03 19:51

No, posting email addresses has always been against our forum rules. Of course we mods can't get to every single post, so you do see them here and there. ;)

It is actually for your benefit to not post them. This what our rules say:
Quote:
No e-mail addresses in posts

Please do not include your e-mail address in your posts. There are automatic programs called "bots" that will tear through all of our posts if there are e-mail addresses. They gather them for the spammers, but like the spammers they have no consideration and can overload our server, making it unavailable to legitimate users.

Cheers.

:rose:Rosebud:rose:

gilibel Thu, Sep-25-03 20:06

About posting email addresses. Why not just write name <at> domain dot com etc. Should be easy enough for the receiving end to understand how to translate into email addy lingo... ;)

Rosebud Thu, Sep-25-03 20:16

Quote:
Originally Posted by gilibel
About posting email addresses. Why not just write name <at> domain dot com etc. Should be easy enough for the receiving end to understand how to translate into email addy lingo... ;)

No, we prefer you just plain don't do it. :nono: No matter how you put it, it's still an email addy, and still against our rules, and will therefore be edited out.
Private messages are the place to exchange email addresses. ;)

:rose:Rosebud:rose:

gilibel Fri, Sep-26-03 07:26

Alrighty. Fine by me. :)
As an active spam fighter community member, I surely appreciate these rules. (However, no spambot in the world would make any sense whatsoever out of such a tweaked addy, so as for those no risk would be involved...) I also fully support integrity on the webb and would never publish any personal details openly (I obviously don't consider my weight being a personal detail *grin*), let alone addresses/phone no of any kind.

Happy weekend!