Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Pre-Maintenance & Maintenance (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=91)
-   -   ex- maintainer here (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=140838)

satihap Fri, Oct-03-03 09:57

ex- maintainer here

hi guys-

well, september has been a terribly difficult month for me. it was my birthday month and ever since that day (which was pretty much the first day of the month), i have been binge eating. i'm not talking about a slip up here and there, but FULL on binge eating. i eat until i can't move every single nite and its been full carb junk. as a result, i've gained like 15 lbs. i don't know what's wrong with me.

i'm starting over today so please wish me luck. i'm bound to be a maintainer once again! i just have to re-grasp control of this insane situation....

sati

Kathy54 Sat, Oct-04-03 21:07

Hi, there, well good for you that you have decided to catch yourself now, it's still early, 15 pounds in one month, sounds like a lot, but if you get right back on the induction bandwagon you should be able to get a grip on it soon :thup:

Just take what happened is a good lesson and try figure what foods might of got you started on that binge trail.

As well, think of going off the plan for a special occassion, not as a treat, but a self inflicked punishment. Cause it really is, look how you have suffered because of it.

I wish you well, Kathy

junebug61 Wed, Oct-08-03 05:17

Sati,

How are you doing?

janetz Mon, Nov-10-03 12:12

HI, I can sympathesize. I am a complete stress eater, this is what saves me from myself- I fill my cabinets with "junk" food that is not going to derail me in a significant way- that way when I hit the kitchen for a "pity graze" I can grab a handful of nuts, or seeds or "Terra" chips- I can dip them in guacamole or onion dip and even if I eat the whole bag, (less than 60 carbs for a whole bag of some varieties) it still won't damage me like eating twinkies and cookies or worse! I have a variety of Atkins bars and low carb candy available too- so when I need scarf something down it is there and won't damage me too much. The guilt after eating the wrong stuff can sometimes send me right back into the kitchen...so this helps me not have that kind of guilt. Another stratgey that I use is to take myself out to lunch- I actually lost weight eating KFC chicken strips and coleslaw- not everyday, but enough to make me feel like I was indulging. I Stay away from the big carbs like the fries and biscuits, but I give myself a chicken and coleslaw treat to get through those tough times. Planning my indulgences helps too, I find that I can hang on and be good until I get to KFC and get my reward! Flavored water also helps me feel like I have something indulgent too. When I am down, I eat and having the right stuff on hand to get me through it has saved me. I hope that some of this will help you. Best Wishes. Hang in there.

Frederick Sat, Nov-22-03 23:53

Hey Sati,

Whoa! I had no idea how far your binging had taken you. 15 lbs in a month? That is quite an achievement, mon amie!

Haven't checked this section in several months, and regret missing your post on this. I presume, everything is fine now, right? No more binges? Back on track?

Let me know,

Fred

satihap Mon, Nov-24-03 09:41

fred-
lol. relatively on track. yea...binging really took me pretty far. not something i recommend for anyone. even with all the exercise it wasn't enough. oh well. the past is the past. i still have about 3 lbs to gt to where i'm content with my weight but no rush! hehe. thanks for checking up on me though! much appreciated my dear =)

Archie Wed, Dec-03-03 10:29

Hey satihap!
So glad to hear you're hanging in there. Hope these forums help....and of course some rereading of DANDR and a visit to the Success forums.