Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Atkins Diet (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   second unbelievable bad day (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=33499)

smiley Sat, Feb-09-02 21:16

second unbelievable bad day

Up till now,,,,,I have been doing great!!!, no problems, no cravings nothing....and
BOOOMMM!!!I want popcorn and sweets......had 2 cups of popcorn,,felt really ucky afterwards,,and my usual diet jello and art sweet whipping cream.....craving went away

something else,.for the last two unbelievable bad days, I have had a terrible headache that comes and goes and I was feeling dizzy,,,,,
I am taking a mega vitamin,calcium,vitamin c and at leat 75 oz of water a day ,,,the vitamin has potassium, it also has chromium which I think is supposed to help appetite surges?????

Karen Sat, Feb-09-02 21:38

Quote:
had 2 cups of popcorn,,felt really ucky afterwards,,and my usual diet jello and art sweet whipping cream.....craving went away

...but it will come back with a vengance now that you've awakened the "sleeping, carb breathing dragon".

Eat fat for cravings! Eating carbs will renew the vicious cycle of carb craving/addiction. And you will feel physically crappy to boot!

Karen

ngarbade Sat, Feb-09-02 21:38

so sorry

Sorry you are having a bad day :) so heres a smile for you. I guess we all have bad days but sounds like you are on a roll. Dont give up and dont give in :spin: i know that taking a chromium supplement REALLY helps me with sugar cravings, but you have to take about 400mgs daily... And I believe that your headaches come from severals places....1)no sugar....have you checked yours? :read2:(2) I believe not having enough water will cause headaches...but this is my opinion only..I hope this helps :help: I wanted to quit a few days ago and the group here talked me out of it....apparently it all works out if you just hang in there:sunny: Have a good day!

ruby Sat, Feb-09-02 22:17

Hello,
Read my journal, and there's a thread regarding headaches. I had the worst headache, started day 3 and went to day 7 during induction. I took Advil,(I'm not a pill taker!), I'd go to sleep and wake up with it. I finally caved in and had a quarter apple which alleviated the headache. It's like being an alcoholic, a drink helps, but not necessarily the best thing to do.

Anyway, I managed to survive this - and BELIEVE ME, my headaches were so bad I couldn't walk (and this from someone who never gets headaches.) They even kept me from sleeping.

I went off the diet for a few days, and then got back on the wagon. They eventually subsided and I'm now doing fine. In my case, I wrote those headaches down to a very bad case of carb withdrawal - BUT, and this is IMPORTANT, you must be taking your supplements as outlined in DANDR, and drinking a lot of water. When my headaches were occurring I was not religiously taking supplements and I think that this (and withdrawal) were the two primary reasons. The supplements are important. Read the book. Hang in there. Those :daze: will go away.

Ruby :wave:

dizzyd Sun, Feb-10-02 00:37

Hey Sugar,

I'm sorry to hear about your headaches. I had a couple of pretty achy days myself, but they do pass, I promise! :there:

Here's a little tip for the next time you have to have popcorn. Have some pork rinds instead! They are crunchy, salty and the fat will take the carb craving away pronto. I used to have popcorn at least twice a week, and I don't miss it as long as I have these.

Try em, you may be surprised!

Hang in there! :bhug:

Dizzy D
:daze:

smiley Sun, Feb-10-02 04:30

thanks everybody!

I really appreciate the advice,,,,,I WAS REALLY WORRIED because I have been doing so good and these last 2 days really threw me for a loop!
Note to self: let 13yr old make the popcorn for her and her sister'
and I will remove myself from their presence ;)

Popcorn has always been my downfall, plus something else may have been contributing...I have new vitamin c tablets and you know what,,,I have been taking them for 2 days,,,,extra because I think I am fighting a cold,,,,and they are the chewable kind so they are full of sugar!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am going to buy the swallow kind that are bitter next week

Back to it,more aware, and thanks to the forum,more informed!!

Smiley :idea: :wave: