Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   General Low-Carb (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Salads (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=87004)

WhyBee Sun, Feb-16-03 02:10

Salads

Hi, I was wondering how much carbs tossed salad has in it, I can't really find anything accurate so maybe someone on these forums will know. All I use is for my salad is: Lettuce, Cucumbers, Tomatos and carrots. Along with Caesar salad dressing by kraft which is 0.6g of carbs per tablespoon. I really don't know how much a cup of salad is our how to measure it, I honestly eat like a restaurant size plate of salad. So i'd like to know estimate of how many carbs are in that. Any help would be appreciated :)

nikkil Sun, Feb-16-03 06:09

Try entering the ingred. separately in FitDay.com, then divide your total carbs (minus fiber!) by how many servings. So, for example, 4 c. has 10g total carbs, each cup has 2.5g carbs. I'd really watch the carrots, tho, they're much higher in carbs than your other veggies.
N.

KoKo Sun, Feb-16-03 06:55

Hi,

Yes, what Nickl said. Plus what I do is after I get the counts for it I save it as a custom item (making sure that I always use the same indgredients and amounts) that way I can just enter it into fitday. When you save it as a custom item check what you use as a serving. Say you make a huge bowl of salad and know that it will do you for two days, then you might want to enter it as a liter or something (depending on what choices fitday is giving for default servings) but if you are only eating 1/4 of it then make sure you enter 0.4 serving or 0.4 litre so that the counts are adjusted. I make many custom items and it works fine, also I type in the counts off of my salad dressing labels etc so that I have much more exact info than just choosing what fitday offers.

:wave:

nikkil Mon, Feb-17-03 05:20

Actually, if you're using 1/4 of something, you would enter 0.25 as your amount in FitDay :)
Nicole

0.5 = 1/2 serving
0.75 = 3/4 serving

SlimShAdY Tue, Feb-18-03 03:08

Depends..

Hi,
There is no set number for how many carbs it has. Even fitday will be off on it.

Just measure and enter everything seperately. into Fitday.com...only way you're going to get an accurate count.\
I just customize it by adding all the total counts for everything in a cup. Then I just hit "1 cup of salad" instead of everything seperately.. grr if that makes sense lol :roll:

WhyBee Wed, Feb-19-03 02:04

Ahh thx for all your help. Anyone know about Bacon? How's the carb count on the average store bought bacon. 1 serving that is or 100grams. I want to have bacon and eggs for breakfast :)

nikkil Wed, Feb-19-03 03:09

once again, try fitday. You can just select their smoked bacon (if it's close enough on the stats for you) or you can modify the stats adding the info on the package of bacon. Maybe go to fitday and mess around and see what you find out!!
N.