Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   General Low-Carb (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Hey, it's working in North Carolina! (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=45537)

Swimmer Fri, May-24-02 08:03

Hey, it's working in North Carolina!

I feel like I know so many of you just from reading this forum the past few days. I have to say it's given me a lot of information and support because I"m only into my 4th day of Atkins. I almost gave up the 2nd day when I craved sugar so bad, but didn't. I swim an hour a day and as of my 4th day have lost 3.5 pounds. Amazing the adjustments I feel myself going through. I ate carbs constantly and wondered why I never lost weight and wow, I was always hungry! Thank you all for helping me understand what's going on. As they say, Swimmers never quit and quiters never swim! I'll be in touch! :p

travelarm Tue, May-28-02 11:38

You're off to a great start. This is my 8th day and so far have lost 2 lbs and it seems like a slow start for my first week.

I've also been swimming, about 500 yards freestyle a day right now, and have noticed my arms, legs and butt firming up, but my waist and tummy are slower to follow.

Swimmer Tue, May-28-02 15:06

Sink or Swim!

Hi travelarm!

I too am on my 8th day! Congratulations on your 2 pounds! Keep up the swimming, it does wonders for not only firming up, but stress relief. I swim freestyle for an hour each day, I don't know how far that is, but am very lucky to live so close to a competition pool.

I too have the problem of firming up everywhere but my stomach. I've noticed a big difference in the bloating since I started a week ago. I stopped swimming about a year ago and gained weight real fast....I love being 42, but ish....some things I could do without :wave:

Happy Laps!

Packer Fan Sat, Jun-01-02 10:37

New low carbers

Hey Swimmer and travelarm-
I am also a beginner. Today is day 5. I haven't had any cravings yet. I can't believe it!

I haven't weighed myself yet. From everything I've read, they say not to until Day 14. I'm kind of afraid to but was wondering how you two feel about it. I'm sure it would be very inspirational for me with a big loss but could also be a demotivator if I haven't yet. Your thoughts?

Lisa in MD Sat, Jun-01-02 14:15

Where are you at in N.C.?

My in-laws are in Boone, going back the 2nd weekend in October, was just wondering if you were anywhere near there. My friend started LC'ing and only lost 4 lbs during Induction, but in her case, I think she was consuming a ton of calories. She was a bit discouraged by I tried to be supportive by letting her know four pounds lost is better than four pounds gained. She has diabetes and has been feeling better, even if she hasn't lost as much weight as she wanted. I've been stalled forever, but it's my fault, I'm sure I'm either over on the calories and not doing enough exercise & not drinking enough water.

I'm happy to have gotten this far, and even more happy that I can maintain and still eat yummy food. As soon as I got off WW, I gained back 6lbs. I'm truly never wanting food and can make do with substitutes for my cravings (Ross dark chocolate bars and peanut butter are two of my favorites).

So, realize that this is a good way of life, I'm going back to my doctor next week and am interested in getting my cholesterol checked, etc.

You can do this, and it's good for you!

travelarm Sun, Jun-02-02 00:24

Hi Packer Fan,

Sounds like you're doing well! The 3 days were the toughest for me, but after that, I have not had any cravings either. The biggest thing I have noticed is a big boost in my energy level.

I have also noticed that my clothes are much looser even though I still show only a 2 lb loss in the past 12 days. Daily weighings are only frustrating me, so I've now decided I will do it once a week and focus more on how my clothes are fitting.

travelarm

lindainnes Wed, Jun-05-02 13:57

new start

Hi there from the UK. Sounds to me like you are doing well. I am on day 5 of the Atkins and have lost 3.5 pounds. I am having trouble finding a sugar substitute that I can cook with as Aspartame loses its sweetness when cooked. What do you use?