Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Canada (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Montreal, Canada! "waving" (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=113116)

jaybee007 Wed, Jun-11-03 09:03

Montreal, Canada! "waving"

Ok, we have to band together to find places that sell LC foods so that we don`t have to run all over the place for these items, searching and searching, and finding nothing. I have found Atkins bars, The Peanut butter cups, bake mix, atkins syrup, raspberry sauce, and other low carb bars at the health tree health food stores. Does anyone have any others that they could add? I`m dying to make no carb or low carb baked goods and i`m looking for a good mix( didn`t like the atkins mix). I had to go to the States for atkins muffin mix, the morning bars, and pork rinds.

Julie

Norag Sun, Jun-15-03 19:55

Hi Julie,
I haven't bought them, but I have seen pork rinds in a lot of places including the IGA. Thanks for the Health Tree tip.

jaybee007 Sat, Jul-19-03 15:42

Norag you`re almost a goal!! That`s wonderful! Find anymore LC foods in the stores?

sarah1976 Sun, Jul-20-03 07:19

Hi, I am in Quebec :) and I found pork rinds at Zellers..97c a bag...as for other low carb foods at yet no, but I am only on Induction so I haven't been at it long...
~still searching for a diet soda without aspartame~ *sigh*

jaybee007 Sun, Jul-20-03 09:16

Hi Sarah, i`m in the province of QC and I found those pork rinds at Zellers as well.Go to pharmaprix and they have waist watchers diet cola and stewarts diet cola in cans for about 1$. They are sweetened with Splenda!! wooohoooooo

sarah1976 Sun, Jul-20-03 11:57

jaybee007- i got so excited when i saw your post, until i realised, WE DON'T HAVE PHARMAPRIX here :cry: man this sux, but perhaps i can check out our pharamices compared to the supermarket which is where i have previously been checking...

Will post info if i am successful :)

jaybee007 Sun, Jul-20-03 12:58

Sarah let me know what happens. Have you ordered online from any Canadian Low carb depot yet?

cwells Wed, Jul-23-03 17:09

SPLENDA SODA
you can get Diet CRUSH Orange, DIET CRUSH cream soda, and DIET crush Root beer, all with splenda

sarah1976 Sun, Jul-27-03 12:10

jaybee-
still no luck finding a diet soda without aspartame, in desperation the other day i drank some diet sprite (with aspartame) that i already had in the fridge.....it was so sweet! anyway i drank a little of that for the days following, then i had a diet coke (with aspartame) at the circus 2 nights ago......then i got a MAJOR headache! so although i had no problems with aspartame before Atkins, i think i have now so looks like i will just be a water drinker forever *sigh*

thankfully the aspartame didn't effect any weightloss but it isn't worth the headache..

It's my last day of induction today yipeeeeeeeee so i am going to be on a big hunt for atkins bars/shakes i think when i need a sugar fix...

Are they easily available in quebec ?

sarah1976 Sun, Jul-27-03 12:12

In quebec city we don't have diet crush orange, diet cream soda or diet crush root beer! only the full sugar versions :cry:

Man i need move countries to do this way of eating :yay:

sarah1976 Sun, Jul-27-03 12:13

oh and Jaybee..no i haven't ordered online....I don't own a credit card :rolleyes:

jaybee007 Mon, Jul-28-03 06:39

YEsssssssssssss...yippeee!! Atkins bars can be found in health food stores, Loblaws and other Drug stores like Pharmaprix!! Finally something you can eat...lol

NDzepina Wed, Aug-06-03 18:08

Ordering online

HI gals! I'm from Montreal!

I go mainly to the Health Tree to get my Atkins bake mix and sugar-free Syrup. I also bought some low-carb bread... but I think I can live without it!

I've ordered some items online from lowcarbfooddepot or something like that.. Will let you know if it's worth it and if the food is good. I'm trying another bake mix (cheaper than Atkins) as well as some candies (to curb those sweet cravings), some chocolate bars and some Apple Sauce.

See you later 'gators!

jeanyyy Thu, Aug-14-03 10:25

Papillon is a bulk natural food store located in the old Pointe Claire shopping center... They have LOTS of low carb stuff, like bread (frozen), pasta, Bob's Red Mill products like flaxseed, vital wheat gluten, etc, almond meal, several kinds of chocolate/candy, etc. You folks should check it out - it's worth the trip. If you don't see something, ask one of the clerks, they are very helpful :)

Scarlet Mon, Jun-28-04 11:33

Where is Pointe Claire shopping center?