Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Success Stories (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=86)
-   -   Almost (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=158773)

Ghost Sun, Jan-11-04 21:30

Almost

Well.......I'm almost there.

I started Atkins in mid Aug 2003 and as of today, Jan 11, 2003, I am down 31 lbs, from 190 to 159, in 4 months. I want to get to 145, 14 lbs away. I think I can get lower though. I was 135 before my daughter. Not quite a success yet but I wanted to share the inspiration.

I am blown away by this WOL. It was so hard to get my head around the fact that fat is healthy & doesn't make you gain weight. I can eat steak, eggs & cheese (my master, hehe) & loose weight. I'm starting into pre-maintanance because I want to slow my weight loss. I have been adding more good carbs and still keep loosing quite fast.

I used to get the spins & feel sick by 10:30 in the morning when I ate cereal for breakfast. Now when I eat eggs for breakfast I feel great & am not hungry by lunch. I have no more IBS, less PMS, no more mood swings, I sleep like a baby, no more sleepless nights, less headaches, no more leg cramps, more energy............I know I missed something in that list. Oh, well. You get the idea. I'm sure the fact that I eat tons more veggies helps.

My DH has been a great through all of this. He's naturally thin as he is very physically active in his job. He says he loves my "diet" because he "doesn't have to live on rabbit food". He never fails to compliment me on the progress I have made & how good I look. :)

My 16 year old daughter has dropped some weight too. Although she was not too heavy she did have a 20 lbs to loose which she did in short order without a drastic change in her diet, she just gave up white bread (switching to whole wheat), potatoes and most sugar.

I've cheated very few times. I had a few chocolate mint sticks that my parents brought back from Holland at Xmas. I had a 3 slices of scalloped potato at Xmas with my In-laws (gave me stomach cramps, IBS source I guess). I drink LC beer on the weekends. I drink 1 1/2 - 2 litres of water and take a multi, cal-mag-d and vit c every day. I only gave up coffee during induction, now I drink a cup or two every day. I eat nuts, homemade jerky, pepperettes, cheese, low GI fruit, or sometimes pork rinds (always loved them for a snack, never cooked with them) for treats.

My on going weight loss is going to be slower though as my DH bought me a Weider weight set for Xmas. I will be building up muscle mass. It's something I've wanted for a while. I had one with my X and used it all the time, although with the extra weight I carried you could not see the muscle definition. I'm going to look good by bathing suit season this year. :)

I want to thank everyone for the inspiration and wish everyone the luck in LC weight loss and in life that I have had.

Life is short, enjoy every moment.

nikkil Wed, Jan-14-04 10:52

Congrats to you!!!

:Party: :dazzle: :Party: :dazzle: :Party: :dazzle: :Party: :dazzle:

You sound like a perfect example of what LCing can do for a person!! I'm sure your story will be an inspiration to many when they read it--I know I'm inspired!

Keep up your good work and spreading the word about LC. :)

Nicole

Ghost Thu, Jan-15-04 18:25

Thanks nikkil :)

I would say it's been a long haul but it's been almost too easy. I wish I would have found this WOL years ago.

Good luck in your LC journey.

Kristine Sun, Jan-25-04 12:47

:wiggle: :Party: Congratulations!!! :Party: :wiggle:

I'm amazed by this WOE, too. I'm even more amazed that it continues to be slagged in the public eye despite people like us! The changes it makes are staggering.

Good luck and good health in maintenance! :thup:

Ghost Sun, Aug-01-04 08:48

I've Done It!

I have not been here for a while but I had to pop by and share this.

I jumped on the scale this morning for the first time in well over a month. I'm at 147 lb!!! That is 2 lbs above my goal for a total of 43 lbs lost and it will be a year in mid August.

It goes to show that slow & steady wins the race. Sometimes it seems like you are not loosing when you check the scale all the time. So don't. Remember this is not a diet it's a way of life.

Thank you Dr. Atkins. :)

Well time to go for a swim in my new bikini. :yay:

Best of luck to all, hang in there!

musicmama Sun, Aug-01-04 18:31

That is so cool!! Congratulations! You deserve it!!

Rachelle Fri, Aug-06-04 13:04

Wow.. i just read your story cuz it was bumped up on the list.. and wanted to come in and say i'm very impressed that you've stuck with it.. you should be so proud of yourself... thanks for the inspiration :D

Pictures ?? ;)