Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Atkins Diet (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   weird question (some adult content) (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=171974)

wenig Wed, Mar-10-04 17:14

weird question (some adult content)

I am at a total loss, even so far that I put of having se* with my husband.
The thing is every time we do have se* I will be up 2-3 lbs the next morning. It NEVER fails. It takes me about 2 days to get rid of the "extra" weight. We seldom drink alcohol and the dinners before "that" are always different.It does not make a difference if I am the active one or he is. Still same weight result. Does somebody know what causes this? We thought maybe it is a hormone thing. It has become some sort of joke between us. Now it is hard for me to agree to more than once a week because of "that" though I used to love it, but right now I focus way to much on my weight. Any serious help would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you
* = x

KoKo Wed, Mar-10-04 17:20

Quote:
and the dinners before "that" are always different

Well :lol: - maybe this is the problem - what do these "different" dinners consist of????????

catspaw Wed, Mar-10-04 17:22

Well, this is a new one. No idea what's causing it, but if the weight goes away in 2 days, what's the big deal? I would advise staying off the scale and go to weekly weigh ins, otherwise you can obsess in negative ways. Your weight loss should be a source of common pride and happiness between you and your DH - don't add a stressor you don't need. This is a WOL - if your vision of the rest of your life includes this self-imposed restriction, you'll have a hard time keeping to it.

KoKo Wed, Mar-10-04 17:26

oooooooops I won't even say what I just thought of LMAO :blush: - no!!!!!!! it COULDN'T be THAT much :lol: :lol:

tirk182 Wed, Mar-10-04 17:28

lol

well unless he hadn't had sex in say, 20 years i suppose the obvious weight isn't the answer. sorry this thread cracked me up. Are you perhaps married to an elephant? can't stop laughing...

BlitzedAng Wed, Mar-10-04 17:33

One thing prolly has nothing to do with the other, but ya never know. Since we are all different in so many ways. I know "exercies" builds muscle and that weighs more than fat, well sex is exercise too.. Just a thought since Im at a loss too.

KoKo Wed, Mar-10-04 17:33

Quote:
Originally Posted by tirk182
Are you perhaps married to an elephant? can't stop laughing...

That MUST be it :lol:

KoKo Wed, Mar-10-04 17:44

After pondering your dilemna - I think you should go about this scientifically and
try it two nights in a row and see if your weight increases accordingly - if so try it again on the third night - keep on till you quit gaining - your husband will probably be very happy :lol: and will chase you around the house (so you will lose those pounds and go about the process all over again)

Seriously though - I doubt sex makes you gain weight and definitely not 2 or 3 pounds every time. It must be some weird co-incidence - again what are these pre-occasion dinners - something salty?? or are they not LC meals?

tirk182 Wed, Mar-10-04 17:53

lmao

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoKo
After pondering your dilemna - I think you should go about this scientifically and
try it two nights in a row and see if your weight increases accordingly - if so try it again on the third night - keep on till you quit gaining - your husband will probably be very happy :lol: and will chase you around the house (so you will lose those pounds and go about the process all over again)

Seriously though - I doubt sex makes you gain weight and definitely not 2 or 3 pounds every time. It must be some weird co-incidence - again what are these pre-occasion dinners - something salty?? or are they not LC meals?

i am sure it is possible there is some salt directly associated with the diets on these nights, however i am not sure the carb count which could solve this dilemma.

perhaps she could do it all in one night and see if each session is worth 2 lbs. i need to stop.

KoKo Wed, Mar-10-04 17:54

Quote:
Originally Posted by tirk182
I need to stop.

Yes, I think we MUST

TarHeel Wed, Mar-10-04 17:59

i'm pretty sure you won't get thrown off this board for spelling out the word "sex".

KoKo Wed, Mar-10-04 18:01

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarHeel
i'm pretty sure you won't get thrown off this board for spelling out the word "sex".

no but if it makes you gain weight - we might for having too much of it

wenig Wed, Mar-10-04 18:03

:lol: :lol: you guys are too funny. Maybe I will "give in every day" it sure make him happy..lol. It must be all the exercise.

BlitzedAng Wed, Mar-10-04 18:06

SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH, don't say it too loud, If my hubby hears it Im in a whole world of trouble, LOL

KoKo Wed, Mar-10-04 18:07

Hi Wenig,

I'm glad you took the joking well, I just realized I don't know you and shouldn't joke so with people I don't know :nono: - I just got a little carried away :lol:

I think/hope it will all even out for you - I took a quick look at some of your recent posts and see that you are going through that common problem of bouncing around a couple of pounds - sooooooooooooooo many of us have that with or without the entertainment - so I think you can stop worrying about that being the cause. Take Care