Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Triple Digits Club (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   New Big Boy on the block (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=97856)

Frooggy Thu, Apr-10-03 05:36

New Big Boy on the block

Just would like to say hey to everyone. Started Adkins 4-1-03. Lost around 10 pounds, Belly dosent hang as much and 2 notches in my belt so far! Shirts that were tight in the tummy are now loose and I am starting to tuck my shirt in. This site has been awsome and I would just like to say Hi and thanks for all the AWSOME ideas and stories I've gotten from here.

Thx, Chris
:wave:

Auntie J Thu, Apr-10-03 05:46

Welcome----------

Glad to have you aboard! Isn't this a great adventure? SOOO fun finding out we can eat til we are full, don't feel starving all the time, AND lose weight!!!!!!! Have you checked out the recipe section yet? Lots of good things there, remember, pork rinds are your friend! :rolleyes: Hard to believe, but, I've made pretty tasty bread pudding, stuffing, lots of things that don't seem possible! Good luck! :wave:

Breecita Thu, Apr-10-03 06:10

Hey there! Welcome, and CONGRATS! on the progress! Feels good, eh?

:thup:

liz175 Thu, Apr-10-03 08:02

Hi Chris,

Glad to meet you! Congratulations on your success so far, particularly tucking your shirt in. I know how much that can mean.

Lessara Thu, Apr-10-03 10:52

Welcome to our site!

Congradulations on your loss so far! Its very encouraging isn't it :D I wish you continual success! See you around! :wave:

DWRolfe Thu, Apr-10-03 10:57

welcome

Hi, Chris! Welcome to the forum and to the Triple Digits Club!

There's an amazing amount of information here to help you along on your LC journey. And even better...a community of supportive people that understand the unique challenges.

Good luck to you!

Donald :wave:

saski Thu, Apr-10-03 12:46

Tucked in shirt! Way to GO!!!

Chloë Mae Sat, Apr-12-03 00:11

Welcome Chris,

You are doing great !!!

Just had a snack of pork rinds and "whipped" cream cheese.

Like eating chips and dip, but this makes me lose weight.

Isn't this the cat's meow !!! :agree:

thebigman Sat, Apr-12-03 01:47

Well done!!

Hi Chris,
greatings from thebigman to the new big boy on the block, well done mate on your success. We both started the same date, and is it not great to feel one's clothes loosening up and sense that on this plan, you can succeed at reach your goal simply because you don't feel hungry all the time!!

So congratulations and keep on posting your progress to encourage us all :D

Graeme.

celtinore Sat, Apr-12-03 07:28

Welcome! :wave: We're glad you're here -- plenty of encouragement & support to go around. Congratulations on your excellent start!

Charran Sat, Apr-12-03 09:45

Hi Chris! :wave: and welcome! Congrats and WTG on those pounds down. It's so exciting to see those changes like the looser clothes..isn't it? Keep up the great work and keep posting your progress.

Chloe Mae- Good idea on those pork rinds and cream cheese. I'm going to try that. The cream cheese would add a little moisture to the rinds. The one time I tried them, I found that they were too dry and kind of stuck in my throat.

OnMyWay2me Mon, Apr-14-03 07:49

Welcome Froggy!! :wave:

alighterme Mon, Apr-14-03 09:30

Chris,

Welcome and congratulations on the 10# loss. GREAT :bhug:

neen Mon, Apr-14-03 10:50

Welcome

Hi there;

Welcome to the club. this is a great place to be......Have you started a journal yet?... It is good therapy.

Neen

Laika Mon, Apr-14-03 16:50

WOOHOO!! Way to go. Like you, I am new and already have lost 16 pounds. I used to eat nothing BUT carbohydrates....and now, meat (something I never used to eat). I guess my body likes it better... ;)

Question: what are pork rinds and where do you get them?