Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Atkins Diet (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   Da Vinci syrups..... (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=130984)

jun keater Sat, Aug-16-03 18:13

Da Vinci syrups.....

I haven't tried these yet. Please tell your favorites before I place my order.

NoSunNoFun Sat, Aug-16-03 18:26

I use the irish cream, 2 squirts in my morning coffee. I also love the vanilla and the coconut alot too!
currently I have:
rasberry, chocolate, vanilla, irish cream, hazelnut ( havent tried yet ) and last coconut.
There all very very good!
NoSunNoFun

NoSunNoFun Sat, Aug-16-03 18:27

All of them above are of course SUGAR FREE!
:)
NoSunNoFun

LCalamari Sat, Aug-16-03 19:50

I haven't tried them either. I have been wanting to get some because I have heard so much rave about them. What do you use the syrups on??

Birddog Sat, Aug-16-03 19:52

Raspberry is my favorite. I also so have orange, strawberry, vanilla and chocolate. As far as I am concerned they are irreplaceable.

manucpa Sat, Aug-16-03 20:18

In no particular order: Khalui Kafe, Chocolate, Orange, Bananna,Raspbery,French Vanilla, Black Tea Chai Latte, Butter Rum, Cherry, Dulce de Leche,Blueberry

fishburg Sat, Aug-16-03 20:32

Raspberry on cream cheese (great dessert), and pancake syrup to dip my bacon in on Sunday mornings (keeps me from sneaking the kids pancake or waffles).

jers52 Sun, Aug-17-03 07:09

Hazelnut SF is my favorite, with French Vanilla and White Chocolate close behind. I also have Kahla Kafe, Red Raspberry. I just ordered the Chocolate Syrup to make those necessary hot cocoas for fall days. Do check your local Super Walmart (coffee aisle) - they sometimes have them - WATCH out and make CERTAIN you get the Sugar Free (with Splenda) ones though! I use them to flavor coffee, in cheesecake recipes, with warmed cream cheese to make a yummy fast desert, over cottage cheese or ricotta ... The Davinci home page also features scads of recipes for their use.
Yummy!

Tiff Sun, Aug-17-03 08:06

I use sf hazelnut, vanilla, caramel and irish creme in my coffee. I also use vanilla in some recipes instead of vanilla extract. They sell them at Ross and TJ Maxx in the food section for $5.99.

LadyBelle Sun, Aug-17-03 10:09

Buy them online form the store linked to this forum would be my advise. Albertson's has small bottles, but only in vanilla and raspberry. Online it's not only a ton cheaper, but you get huge bottles and they have something like 20 flavor choices. The only drawback is the shipping, that and you have to have means to buy online (dang credit card oriented society)

Lilygirl Sun, Aug-17-03 12:04

My fave!

Oh my gosh, no one has mentioned the English Toffee flavour. MMMMMM, it is my personal favourite (although I still haven't gone wrong with any one of them, they're all awesome!) I thought the cookie dough one would be better than it was though. It's good mind you, but not as "cookie" flavoured as I'd expected. I was hoping to make a cheesecake with it and have made flavoured whipping cream with all the flavours. A dollop of the english toffee whipping cream is super in decaff coffee!

Definitely order some!

Lily

Hilary M Mon, Aug-18-03 07:09

Raspberry is great, as is the blueberry. I mostly buy the fruit flavors (note: peach is not the greatest!) but root beer is good for making root beer "floats" with club soda and heavy cream. I also use the almond a lot.

zerod Mon, Aug-18-03 07:17

Have tried the strawberry and chocolate, both not too bad. Put a little in a ounce of whipping cream for my treat once in a while! :)

Chris Rob Mon, Aug-18-03 08:37

I use the hazlenut with whipped cream on low-carb pancakes for breakfast

upncomer Mon, Aug-18-03 09:04

The new danish flavor is great with my mock danish, plus, B52 is EXCELLENT in my coffee!!! :yay: