Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   General Low-Carb (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Low Carb Cooking Class in Vancouver! (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=23655)

Karen Wed, Oct-17-01 13:07

Low Carb Cooking Class in Vancouver!

I will be teaching another low-carb class at Caren's Cooking School...

REAL FOOD!
RECIPES FOR A LOW CARB LIFESTYLE

Date: Tue, November 27
Time: 7pm - 10pm
Fee: $59.00
Place: 1856 Pandora SStreet, Vancouver
To book a seat: 604-253-3022

Shrimp and Nori Rolls
Eggplant with Buttery Tuna Mousse
Salmon with Bacon and Caper Vinaigrette
Cauliflower and Goat's Cheese Puree
Chocolate and Bourbon Semi-Freddo Cheesecake

And, I'll be throwing in a "secret" extra dish.

Come on LC Vancouver, we'll bomb them with LC success!

BTW, Rachel will be my sous-chef for the night!

Karen

lisaf Wed, Oct-17-01 14:12

ARGH!

I'm going to be in Vancouver that weekend for a workshop on the 26th but by Tuesday night I should be in Edmonton! Not fair! I wanna go too!

Lisa

By the way...did I mention I'm going to be in Vancouver? I'll be visiting with an old friend Friday and Saturday. Any suggestions for fun things to do on a probably rainy Sunday? I've never been there before.

Karen Wed, Oct-17-01 15:01

Well, you could have coffee with us for a start! ;) What kind of stuff interests you?

Karen

lisaf Thu, Oct-18-01 05:55

Coffee would be wonderful! What interests me...let's see...I figured I might take a jaunt to the aquarium, I love to shop, I want to go for a run somewhere interesting (weather permitting) and eat some excellent low-carb food...

I'm probably coming in Thursday night, spending two nights with old friends and then arriving at my hotel on Saturday (Coast Plaza at Stanley Park - anyone know if its a fairly nice one?).

Lisa

Karen Thu, Oct-18-01 06:47

You're staying in a great area. The hotel is nice - right downtown and right beside Stanley Park so it's perfect for running and the Aquarium.

Lots of stores to shop at along Robson Street and Denman.

I will put in a shameless plug for the Fish House, and we've been to the Great Wall Mongolian Grill for LC dinners. Cheap and good! Then, there is Stepho's on Davie, also cheap and good. Coffee on Sunday would probably work for most of us!

Karen

r.mines Thu, Oct-18-01 07:09

....and then there's ME! :D

I live two blocks from the Coast Plaza. We must definitely meet up!

Yes, Karen has invited me to be her sous-chef for the great event! I've already warned her that I can't boil an egg, but she assures me no egg-boiling will be involved. So even more incentive for you guys to show up: comic relief!

Rachel
uh...fold in?...what's 'fold in'?....

lisaf Thu, Oct-18-01 07:27

I'm so excited!

I can't wait! Of course, I won't believe I'm going until I have my electronic ticket in my hot little hand...

I'll be in touch when I have more details!

Thanks for all the info (shameless plugs aside ;))

Lisa

Holly Thu, Oct-18-01 10:16

When I lived in North Vancouver, I was on a committee that held a conference at your hotel and I was very impressed with it. Orignially it was an apartment building, so all the rooms still have a kitchen, so lowcarbing will be a little easier for those times when you arent out hobnobing. The hotel is also the highest building for blocks, so the views from the rooms are pretty darn nice. (No kickbacks were involved here) :)

Holly

IslandGirl Mon, Oct-22-01 22:06

Durn!

Rachel, you lucky dawg! I had a wee fantasy of volunteering to be sous-chef for the big event but, of course, my location DOES make things awkward. :roll:

This is SOOOO way cool. Karen, how's the sign-up going? Any seats left?

Karen Tue, Oct-23-01 00:00

It's a little more than half full, which means there are about 9-10 seats left.

Karen

Kirkwood Tue, Oct-23-01 08:16

Just wanted to say that I'm jealous! Wish I had the bucks to fly out and attend.

--Kirkwood

tamarian Tue, Oct-23-01 09:51

Quote:
Originally posted by Karen
It's a little more than half full, which means there are about 9-10 seats left.

Not bad, considering it's still 5-6 weeks away. If you think it won't be fully booked, we can post it on the site's front page.

Wa'il

Karen Tue, Oct-23-01 10:15

Yes, maybe it should be. It's makes us look fabulously well organized and advertising never hurts!

Kirkwood, maybe the class can be watched via satellite feed! ;)

Karen

lisaf Tue, Oct-23-01 10:23

Hi Holly - I just saw your post - thanks for the information!

I still have my fingers crossed as I watch our travel budget get slashed...

Lisa