Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Specific Exercise Plans (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=52)
-   -   [BFL] I finally some dumbells... (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=151979)

korry1977 Tue, Dec-02-03 17:24

I finally some dumbells...

I finally got some dumbells.. so ready to do this... finally...

so, should just go ahead and start or should I wait to start on monday...

just wondering...

also its a 110 lb dumbell set (adjustable weight) I think that should be enough and I guess If I need some more weights I can always buy some more...

Thanks for all the help,
Korry

wcollier Tue, Dec-02-03 17:42

Hi Korry:

That's great you were able to get some dumbbells. :yay:

I ended up doing a week of trial runs before starting BFL so I was "ready" when the big day came. You could do something like that until Monday. Believe me, I was happy I did it that way b/c I wasted quite a bit of time in the beginning fiddling with the program.

Or course, if you want to start right away, by all means go ahead!

....on your mark, get set....

Wanda

korry1977 Tue, Dec-02-03 18:27

Please excuse the thread title:

????

well anyway, I think I will follow your advice on starting on Monday... I will see what format will work for me... (morning vs evening workouts, etc

Thanks for the all the help,
Korry

nitrovixen Tue, Dec-02-03 19:07

Good luck on starting your first challenge! I'm sure you will grow to love it as much as the rest of us have ;)

Sheri

wcollier Tue, Dec-02-03 19:29

Quote:
Please excuse the thread title:

????

You can edit your post and correct the "Subject" field if you're obsessive like me. ;)

I think you'll be happy you did the trial sessions.

Wanda

korry1977 Thu, Dec-04-03 14:19

apparently its too late, 1440 minutes already have passed...

:roll: :daze: :roll:

Oh well... did the UBW tuesday... still sore... lol... gonna do LBW today...

I do realize one problem, however, is that I have adjustable dumbells and sometimes it takes me more than a minute to change the weights on it...

how important is it sticking to the one minute break between sets?

Thanks
Korry

korry1977 Thu, Dec-04-03 14:20

oh yeah

I just joined BFLHouston... its a yahoo group... but they get spammed like no tommorow... lol

Arnie_g Thu, Dec-04-03 15:03

Quote:
Originally Posted by korry1977
I do realize one problem, however, is that I have adjustable dumbells and sometimes it takes me more than a minute to change the weights on it...

how important is it sticking to the one minute break between sets?

Thanks
Korry

Hi Korry,

Glad to see your getting started, good for you.

I'd just try to stick as close as posssible to the one minute break between sets. Or you might want to look around to see if you can find something else to hold the plate on the bars. With the type I have at home you need a pair of plyers to take off the clamps. If this is what's holding you up, maybe you could find another clamping system that is easier and faster. At the gym I go to they have a type that you just squeeze and pull off, it works great.

Arnie

korry1977 Thu, Dec-04-03 15:36

Yes, they are the ones with a wrench and bolt... so it can get hectic sometimes... I guess I better go to the store and get some of the more adjustable clamps...

thanks

nitrovixen Thu, Dec-04-03 15:47

Yes, I had the same problem. I took the weights back and joined a gym!

korry1977 Thu, Dec-04-03 16:25

I wouldn't mind joining a gym, but I'm on a college budget... so I will just stay at home and use what I got...

Have a good one,
Korry

LadyBelle Thu, Dec-04-03 18:19

Doesn't your college have a gym?

Most Jr. Colleges and Universities have campus gyms you can use for free as a student. That is part of what your activities fees pay for. As long as your already paying, look up the activities department and give them a call. You may be suprised at all the options available to you.

korry1977 Fri, Dec-12-03 00:24

I'm off campus as in out-of-town.. lol...

Oh well I will test run BFL until next monday... when I will give a shot for real... thanks for all the support...

Thanks
Korry

korry1977 Tue, Dec-16-03 19:27

started yesterday... did UBW... my arms are sore.. lol!