Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Atkins Diet (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   The scale (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=133772)

Cookins Thu, Aug-28-03 23:49

The scale

About how often does everyone weigh in? I thought it was geat to do it once a week, but a lot of people are telling me that they do it daily. I would love to hear how often y'all are weighing in and your reason. Thanks!

smurf Fri, Aug-29-03 00:15

hi,
As a recovered scale addict, I can tell you that it varies from person to person. At my worst I was weighing up to 13-15 times a day! I now weigh every several days or so in the morning. I think CAD has you weigh everyday and then average out the total, I just see what the scale says and if I am down and maintain it for more than 4 days then I change my stats.

cheers,
judi :)

hey_Neener Fri, Aug-29-03 01:01

I weigh every day morning and night - why? Because of habit, or I'm obcessed, either way I have an insane urge to know and can't see depriving myself when I have a perfectly good scale in my bathroom.
I weigh at night as a game to guess what I'll weigh in the morning. I weigh in the morning after I potty to get my "dry" weight-and my official for the day.

BobW Fri, Aug-29-03 01:50

I weigh myself every morning, about a half hour after I wake up. The reason? Curiosity. Plain and simple. I know people say you shouldn't do it every day but this is what works for me.

LowKarbKK Fri, Aug-29-03 05:17

Once a month

I weigh only once a month. I realized when I began this WOE that I couldn't weigh myself all the time because this is trule a WOL for me and NOT just another "diet" I'm on. I know that I'm sucessful though just by judging how my clothes feel.

Bottom line is, no matter what the scale says...I feel GREAT living the lc life :)

Paleoanth Fri, Aug-29-03 05:32

I weigh in the morning and in the afternoon. I like to know what kind of water weight I carry, so I can know what is normal for me. Plus, I am anal retentive.

The weird thing is-lately I have been weighing less in the afternoon than in the morning.

DoubleD Fri, Aug-29-03 05:39

I weigh once a day - every day. I did that before low carbing too. I do not freak out about the daily fluctuations - but it keeps me honest about what is happening... and the times I have gained weight in my life... was when I was NOT weighing and in denial.

whyspers Fri, Aug-29-03 05:44

Every day during the week and every now and then on the weekends. I go by the scale at the gym and usually get on it every morning first thing once I get there. It usually motivates me as if I've lost, I want to lose more and if I've stayed the same, I want to kick things up a notch. I haven't had a lot of upward fluctuations, but I can imagine if I did it might be depressing. Hoping to see it move downward over this next week :)

L

amy576 Fri, Aug-29-03 06:24

I say that it is better to weigh weekly! However, I weigh myself daily (at least twice a day). I'm totally addicted!!!!! I'm going to try my hardest to only get on it once a week. I'm get too frustrated doing it on a daily basis.

Good-luck!

~Amy

jmarionw Fri, Aug-29-03 07:01

I weigh weekly for the "official" number, but also take a sneak peak in the middle of the week. It's nice to see the numbers going down and keeps me motivated! :yay:

ItsTheWooo Fri, Aug-29-03 07:04

i probably weight like 5 times a day, although the value immediately in the morning (when i am dehydrated/not filled with food) is all i consider, since my weight fluctuates up another 3 or 4 pounds from that point with added water and food.

i dont put too much weight (hehe) in on the scale anyway, its only good as a rough estimation. i just weigh in for comfort, sort of like using a keto strip just to reassure you that youre doing the right thing.

mssusthang Fri, Aug-29-03 07:19

I weigh myself once in the morning about every other day or so. I have a ritual of ... bathroom, coffee, scale on the way back to my room. I remove all clothing then step on the scale BEFORE I take one sip of coffee.

I never weigh myself in the evening because I feel like my morning weight is the most accurate.

Silly, yes ... but how I get through ;)

red1cutie Fri, Aug-29-03 07:49

I weigh first thing in the morning everyday, except during TOM.

Peace
red

fishburg Fri, Aug-29-03 08:15

I was weighing several times a day until this past weekend when I hid the scale!!! I want to pull the scale out only on the weekends.

I did cheat yesterday a weighed in and had lost 5 lbs. Yet I do not want to celebrate - that is another story (see my journal).

I now am keeping my scale lock away for who knows when. At least a week - maybe more.

pixel Fri, Aug-29-03 09:32

once a day in the morning - i think this gives you a) reassurance that you're doing good and this WOL is great or b) that overconsumption of carbs the day before is bad because you gained a pound or 2.