Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Atkins Diet (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   Someone Help! I think I found my problem!! (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=171970)

ih74farmer Wed, Mar-10-04 16:56

Someone Help! I think I found my problem!!

For those of you who don't know my story, My name is Kimberly and I am 28yrs old,5'3, and 195 lbs. 4 yrs ago I ate semi low carb and lost 85lbs, down to 140. But dumb me, I went back to my old woe and gained again so here I am with the help of all my friends here trying to lose again. I am going into my 6th week of strict low carb. Basically I drink 100 ounces of water a day, take a multivitamin and for breakfast I eat 3eggs w/ sugar free ketchup and decaf coffee, lunch, a meat and a veggie ie: brocolli,spinach,turnip greens etc and dinner the same. I hardley ever even splurge w/ a diet rite! And here I am and I have not shed a pound or an inch :cry: So as I look at my fit day calander on the days I wrote in, somedays I didn't even have 1500 calories. Maybe my body has put itself in starvation mode??????? Could it be??????? Because last time I lived off of chicken strips and chhese stick! And lost a ton. Now that I'm really lcing I can't lose a pound. So maybe I need to up my calories a bit??? I sure hope I have found the answer, so I need to think up a menu to get at least 1500 calories a day?? And have the proper fat/cal/carb ratio??? Is there a sample menu anyone has to cover all this. Please help. Thanks guys! Yall are probably sick of hearing me whine :cry:

FrecklFluf Wed, Mar-10-04 17:04

I know I don't lose as well if I don't keep my calories up. I think some people's bodies just hang onto the fat better than others. Look at it this way: you're like a very fuel-efficient car. Yeah, that never helped me feel better either.

Also, I really, really think you ought to up those veggies to at least three cups a day. Douse 'em in butter if you have to.

FrecklFluf Wed, Mar-10-04 17:04

BTW, I've really been rooting for you all through your posts about being stuck. Just so you know. :)

sjkling Wed, Mar-10-04 17:09

my dad always liked red tractors, too! haha! hang in there....it could be that you're not eating enough...i remember at first thinking i ate way too much to lose weight, and then over time, your appetite does decrease and i do think sometimes we don't eat enough...

ih74farmer Wed, Mar-10-04 17:11

Thanks a bunch Freckfluf. You are a wonderful help! It's so helpful when you don't feel alone

PKV Wed, Mar-10-04 17:11

I have been rooting for you too. Are you exercising? Are you taking measurements? Good luck

ih74farmer Wed, Mar-10-04 17:22

No, no exersise oh and I know I need to start. I'm in the Real Estate Biz and time usually isn't my friend.

MyJourney Wed, Mar-10-04 17:23

I know in my case if I eat over 1300 calories I will not lose weight no matter what.

Its a good thing I can usually find myself satisfied around there. Sometimes I eat more. I think it just depends on your body. I am trying to not view it as a race byt as a journey and just go with it.

Good luck

BlitzedAng Wed, Mar-10-04 17:29

With work, a house to take care of and 4 kids it can be hard to squeeze in exercise. I park FAR when I shop, use my stepper when watchin a lil tv,do the butt squeezes when sitting (lol) anything to keep movin. After a while of that I got bored, still do it but walk also.Whatever it takes to get my big old butt in gear.

FrecklFluf Wed, Mar-10-04 17:46

Quote:
Originally Posted by ih74farmer
No, no exersise oh and I know I need to start. I'm in the Real Estate Biz and time usually isn't my friend.
IIRC, you have said in previous threads that you are bottom heavy. So am I. In the past few weeks, I've started a workout that doesn't take a lot of time (45 minutes three days a week plus maybe 30 minutes two to three other days a week). I know that sounds like a lot if you haven't been working out at all, but really it's not, once you get started.

Anyway, it's called Escape Your Shape, and the whole point of it is to change your body shape into something closer to ideal, and to see results more quickly than other routines. And to get more fit, of course. At first I wasn't sure, but now I think I really will be able to make it to close to an hourglass shape. (I started out at 42-38-50.) My little sis has been doing it for about a month and started to see results after a few weeks.

I really encourage you to start exercising, not just for your physical well-being, but also to help you focus on the fact that you are doing something very positive for your body. Please come check out our buddy thread. It might just be the boost you need!

KristyC Wed, Mar-10-04 18:45

I would definitely start exercising...that has helped me tremendously! I've been working out 5-6 days per week for 6 1/2 months...as you get more used to it, up your workout sessions and increase intensity. ;) Also, eat that fat and look for "hidden" carbs. ;)

PKV Wed, Mar-10-04 19:26

I know you are busy but when I exercise I also feel better "mentally" and the other ideas posted are great ideas.

Lindym Wed, Mar-10-04 22:49

When I looked at your fitday, the thing I noticed was that your fat intake seemed to be somewhat low. Maybe add some butter to the morning eggs, a couple strips of bacon. . .

meltinaway Thu, Mar-11-04 00:13

For me, the more fat I eat, the more weight I lose. I eat about 75% - 80% of my calories in fat and I have lost 63 pounds since Jan. 4, 2004. I would increase the fat and see if that helps.

Also, you might try upping your carbs a little. You should have at least 20 a day.

ih74farmer Thu, Mar-11-04 08:48

So exersise,eat more fat and do 1500 cal days right?