Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Atkins Diet (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   Feeling like I an not going make it today (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=187002)

Selena26 Wed, May-26-04 09:08

Feeling like I an not going make it today

:tears: Ok. I am having a very bad day. I have no one to talk to that would understand how I am feeling but everyone here so I hope this works.
I swear that I can hear a Wendy's bacon cheeseburger and fries calling my name. The want is coming from an emotional moment today. What should I do?

Itty Wed, May-26-04 09:10

Well, you could have the cheeseburger without the bun, and maybe a salad, if you feel guilty...?

I had a turkey burger with cheese and bacon (sans bun) last night for dins, and it was very satisfying!

Good luck
M

Pandora23 Wed, May-26-04 09:12

:bhug: :bhug: Hugs for you chica! Hang in there! I wish there was more I could say or do for you. But if you make it through today you will be a stronger person for it tomorrow!!! You can totally do this. Go get a bacon cheeseburger and ditch the bun and don't get fries for your lunch today. That might help. Hang in there and everything will start to get better. I know it is sooooo hard sometimes. If you need to talk or anything feel free to PM me. I wish you the best and I hope thing start to get better for you real soon!!!!

mssusthang Wed, May-26-04 09:15

You can do this. I know EXACTLY how you feel!!

But I always feel better knowing I overcame it and didn't give in.

You can get through it!

CheesyPoof Wed, May-26-04 09:17

<<<< hugs >>>>

Emotional cravings are tough. You can have the burger without the bun -- but if going to Wendy's makes it more likely you'll give in to the whole shebang, I'd pass. Drink a bunch of water and stuff yourself with rotissier chicken or peperoni and cheese.

Hang in there, you can get through this!

*poof*

Emeraulde Wed, May-26-04 09:21

I understand the emotional trigger.

If it was another person, as it is for me sometimes, I would say just think...there is nothing in this world that is worth throwing away the progress you have already made. You feel better, you look better already, and you KNOW that it is only a matter of time before you reach your goal. Have a burger without the bun. Have a side salad instead of fries, and water instead of a frosty. You can DO IT!

Selena26 Wed, May-26-04 10:19

Hey thanks everyone. I think that I just needed some incouragement from someone besides myself. I usually have my H to talk to, but not today. It is so nice to be able to come here and get help! I made it through lunch and now I am going to look at some dinner recepies for dinner tonight. :)

Pandora23 Wed, May-26-04 10:29

I made this super yummy chicken artichoke bake for dinner the other night, it was soooo good! I got the recipe off of the Atkins website you should check it out. :)

nfb02001 Wed, May-26-04 10:41

You can do it! And if a wendy's burger is what you're craving, eating it without the bun will keep you on track in your eating while hopefully helping your craving. Good luck!

Tired Wed, May-26-04 10:52

Good work Selena, you passed lunch and didn't GIVE in! You should be proud of yourself! Another meal passed and you're that much closer to your goal.

Good for you!

LilaCotton Wed, May-26-04 12:12

Good for you! :yay: You did good and the more you do the easier it gets. Hang in there. :)

AFwife Wed, May-26-04 12:16

Hang in there girl, you can do it.

Remember, we are here for you. :bhug: