Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   General Low-Carb (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   AM I ALLOWED TO EAT THIS (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=26601)

mchll Thu, Nov-29-01 12:05

AM I ALLOWED TO EAT THIS

MY HUSBAND AND I CAME UP WITH IT AND I HAVE BEEN EATING THE TAR OUT OF IT AND I AM JUST WORRIED THAT WE SHOULDN'T

IT IS 1 CUP HEAVY WHIPPING CREAM WITH 1 CUP WATER WITH PUDDING MIXTURE - (SUGAR FREE)

IT TASTES TOO GOOD AND SO BAD - SO I AM WORRIED AND IF BY CHANCE I AM ALLOWED TO - HOW MUCH CAN I HAVE PER DAY?

gwilson38 Thu, Nov-29-01 12:11

To be honest with U, U shouldnt eat that while on induction. After that I personally wouldnt have that more than once a week. The problem with artificial sweetners is that i can trigger sugar cravings in some people. Also aritficial sweetners can cause stalls in weight loss. If U are losing weight or inches eating this pudding then I wouldnt be concerned however it would the 1st thing I cut out if there was a problem.

Natrushka Thu, Nov-29-01 12:12

Mchll, you're adults, you're allowed to eat anything you want. If you're asking is what you described LC the answer is yes, and no. "Yes" the ingredients are LC, and 'No' the idea behind LC is to overcome the need for sweets, not replace them with LC alternatives. It's likely you've heard this before and will hear it again "Have you read Dr. Atkin's New Diet Revolution"? In your profile you have not listed any LC books read. If the answer is no, I suggest sitting down with your husband and reading it. You cannot successfuly complete a LC plan without reading the appropriate book.

Nat

Atriana Thu, Nov-29-01 12:18

Sugar free pudding, even though it is sugar free contains carbs, depending on brand and all, I believe it is 8 grams per serving. A package of the mix typically serves 4. So if you are using a whole box, that is about 24 grams. Add another 6.4 for the cream.
Now I'm not going to tell you that you can't eat this, but I wouldn't. Your dessert totals over 30 grams of carb, and only reinforces your cravings for sweet things.

mchll Thu, Nov-29-01 12:23

wow what fast responses thanks

oh gosh - i did read the book - atkins - but will need to get it back out (let a friend borrow)-as it has been two years since I read it. I really just need to research more foods that I can eat as I don't think I can swallow another pork rind or hamburger or hot dog. Yes, I think I will do this - read the book and do some more research as to what I can eat - we just got caught in such a rut that it makes it difficult to swallow the same old foods. We went to a breakfast bar last saturday and hardly ate anything - it just all seems to taste the same. I guess I will get that book tonight - read it and start induction tomorrow. any uplifting food advice or motivation would be appreciated. thanks

Atriana Thu, Nov-29-01 12:36

Check out the recipe section in the orange bar near the top of the screen. There is no reason for you to eat the same boring foods day after day. For a sweet treat try the Mock Danish recipe. Another great book is The Low Carb Cookbook by Fran McCullough. You will get lots of menu ideas in there.

Natrushka Thu, Nov-29-01 12:37

Mchll, check out the "Low Carb Tips" link across the top of every page. There are some great reads; look at "Jazzing up your Induction" in particular. I'd take a cruise through some of the member Journals under the "Bootcamp" section of the forum as well for some ideas. And don't forget the delicious recipes in the Kitchen and under "Low Carb Recipes" also at the top of every page.

Happy Inducting :)
Nat