Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Newbies' Questions (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=110)
-   -   Experience Needed! (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=88308)

viv Sat, Feb-22-03 11:29

Experience Needed!

Hi All!

Fat Fast Question:
I have noticed several threads on the fat fast... and I've been wondering if I too - need the fat fast...

I have been happy with my progress, I thought 1 pound a week was O.K. but after reading the fat fast threads - apparently, it may not be... :confused:

What do you think?

Calorie Question:
I basically eat between 1550-1650 per day which is over 12X my current weight... should I limit myself to 1512 = 12X my current weight? (i adhere to the 65-70%fat/25%protein/5%carb)

So, technically I can only eat 12X my weight whatever it is... :eek: with exercise don't you think I can eat more?

Thanks! viv
LC 27 days :wave:

mrschmelz Sat, Feb-22-03 11:49

In my opinion I would not change a thing. Your progress is going to be slower than those of us that are a lot more overweight, because you simply have a lot less to lose. Just keep it up, exercise and drink LOTS of water and you will reach your goal soon :)

Kristine Sat, Feb-22-03 12:02

I second that. A pound a week is amazing when you're down to that last 10-20 lbs! I *wish* I'd lose a pound a week! The fat fast is mainly intended for people with specific problems losing, like those on medications that impede weight loss, for example.

Whatever you're doing, keep doing it. :thup: Best of luck, and enjoy!

viv Sat, Feb-22-03 12:19

Okey Dokey - I'll forget the Fat Fast & be happy with my 1 pound per week.

What about the calories? should I try to bring'm down to be within 12X body weight guideline?

Original Calorie Question:
I basically eat between 1550-1650 per day which is over 12X my current weight...

Should I limit myself to 1512 = 12X my current weight? (i adhere to the 65-70%fat/25%protein/5%carb)

I do exercise a lot - like 1 1/2 hours per day 5-6 days per week.

Thanks!!!!! viv

p.s. i use fitday but should i also keep a journal here?

hymntonink Sat, Feb-22-03 13:20

1 pound/week is GREAT! Congrats on the weight loss! =)

loopygem Sat, Feb-22-03 14:32

have u been checking ur inches as well as wight loss viv?

acipenser Sat, Feb-22-03 21:53

if you are loosing a lb a week, i would keep everyting the same. if you start not to loose, maybe then cut some calories.

keeping a journal here is up to you. the good thing is that people can read it and leave you messages there. you can't do that with fitday. i use fitday and also have a journal here.

good luck

viv Sun, Feb-23-03 08:51

thanks!

I'm following your advice... ditched the fat fast idea... turns out my pound per week just turned into 5 pounds in 28 days! Yippee.

I'm gonna continue doing what I'm doing... no major changes... And I just started the journal!

It really works - I have to keep beating in my head that I'm making a Life Change... not a diet. This is a way a life & it's gonna take time to really sink in.

Thanks for helping me! viv :wave:

viv Sun, Feb-23-03 08:53

Hey! I just got a CHOP! Please tell me that doesn't mean I know what I'm doing!!!! :eek:

still a newbie ~ heart - always learning - viv :wave:

PoofieD Sun, Feb-23-03 11:27

what is the hurry girl!

I read the original questions and just am thinking.
wow.. a pound a week. how would it be??
Yes. be happy with that pound a week!
This isn't about a speed race but making nutritional habit changes!
Nedra

Karen Sun, Feb-23-03 12:12

Quote:
Hey! I just got a CHOP!

It's actually a nice, juicy, chicken leg! Click on the leg to find out what it means.

Karen