Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Triple Digits Club (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   Feeling better already (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=116451)

abouttime Sat, Jun-21-03 08:51

Feeling better already

Just wanted to introduce myself to the group. I am a 50 yo married, no kids. I have been on Atkins since 4/28. As of this AM I have lost 20#, 20 gone and 90 to get rid of.
I have found this WOL to be the easiet eating plan that I have tried. I need the restrictions of what I can eat and what I can't. I con't do the 1/8th of a piece of pie because I will then eat the whole pie. Once I got thru the first 2 weeks and got the body adjusted to the new way of eating, I have been fine, no cravings!!!
I did have a stall and had to readjust my eating, too much cheese and not enough fat.
I don't count calories, are you suppose to do that, I just keep track of the carbs. I continue to try and stay i the inductions since I have so much to lose.
I have been wondering around the different forums and have found them to be vey helpful and educational. They have actually answered several questions?

MisterE Sat, Jun-21-03 08:56

Welcome! Looks like you are doing great! These forums have some very good information. Or you could visit my journal: the wisdom of the AGED. :D

BrewWa Sat, Jun-21-03 08:58

Good job abouttime!

Twenty pounds is a nice start! You have a great attitude that will help you along the way.

Cheers!

BrewWa

Chloë Mae Mon, Jun-23-03 10:50

Wecome to the TDC :wave:

Great Induction loss :clap:

Where are you from In PA ?

I was born and raised in Uniontown, about 40 miles south of Pittsburgh.

tgill32177 Mon, Jun-23-03 13:06

Welcome!

Glad you found us!

Well done on those 20 #'s gone so far! :cheer: Looks like you are off to a good start with LC'ing.

I don't count calories. It gives me a headache. I eat by carb counts. I may get more fat one day than another, but such is life. I also don't go for the low carb prepackaged foods. I stay mostly to whole foods. Those prepackaged deals have started cravings with me. Now I don't bother with the extra expense.

I just wanted to say welcome and we are here to cheer you on!

Be blessed,
Tanya

hatetocook Mon, Jun-23-03 13:12

If it ain't broke...

I wouldn't even worry about counting calories if you're doing well now. Some people do it because they're worried about not eating enough & some do it because they're losing slowly and want to see if they're eating too much. You've lost 20 lbs. in less than 2 months & seem to be happy with what you're doing so don't fix it!

Welcome to our little corner of the forum-- hope to see you here often!

BTW, I LOVE your screen name-- my feelings exactly!!

abouttime Wed, Jul-16-03 18:59

slow down

my weight loss seems to go in spurts. i will lose several #'s and then hit that proverbial brick wall. Then I sit at that wall for a while and lose several #'s. the problem is that I get really frustrated at the brick wall.
I have been staying on the diet and feel good. I don't even have any cravings, which is wonderful.
I know that it is one day at a time. We did start back to the gym this week and maybe that will give be the boost that I need. I also started taking L-Caratin, (spelling???). I don't always remember to take it so I don't know if it helping or not.
Well see what the rest of this week brings.
Just one day at a time!!!!

dcbrowne Wed, Jul-16-03 20:13

Welcome-your pattern of weight loss is very typical with low carb-you are doing great!!!!