Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Soups Sauces & Appetizers (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=124)
-   -   Fried Mozzerella Cheese sticks (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=236443)

BabyPhat Sun, Feb-27-05 10:53

Fried Mozzerella Cheese sticks

Mozzerella Cheese sticks (6-12) (the string/peelable kind)
2 cups of heavy cream
1 egg
3 cups of finely ground pork skins (plain)
2 teaspoons of oregano
1 teaspoon of garlic powder
1 teaspoon of seasoning salt (which ever kind you use)
1 cup of cooking oil

Heat cooking oil in a medium sauce pan on low heat. Mix all dry ingredients in a large bowl. Mix egg and heavy cream in a seperate bowl. Dip cheese sticks in egg and heavy cream mixture (repeat this step to ensure sticks are coated well.) Place cheese sticks in heated cooking oil and make sure to continously roll sticks until golden brown, or cheese is completely melted. Place sticks on place covered with paper towel to drain excess grease.

Use ranch as dipping sauce, eat and enjoy.

Sorry don't have a total carb or calorie count. One thing I can say is that the pork skins don't have any carbs, and the cheese sticks that I use have only 1 carb per stick. They are great.

*Make sure oil is on low, or it will cause cheese sticks to fry to quickly and burn.

mammac-5 Sun, Feb-27-05 17:46

So simple and yet so perfect...can't believe I didn't think of it myself!!

IrishKimmy Fri, Mar-18-05 11:29

Is it mandatory to freeze the sticks for 2 days before you bake them?

BabyPhat Fri, Mar-18-05 11:35

No.. I didn't mention that they had to be frozen. I just take mine straight from the refrigerater and out of the plastic wrapper.

losenow Sun, Sep-23-07 11:45

I love mozzerella cheese sticks! I've copied and pasted to my recipes.

thanks!

cindielyn Wed, Feb-06-08 03:12

This sounds wonderful, I can't wait to try!

djhspawn Mon, Mar-10-08 18:13

Quote:
Originally Posted by BabyPhat
Dip cheese sticks in egg and heavy cream mixture (repeat this step to ensure sticks are coated well.) Place cheese sticks in heated cooking oil and make sure to continously roll sticks until golden brown, or cheese is completely melted. Place sticks on place covered with paper towel to drain excess grease.

I am a little confused....

Do I dip cheese sticks in egg/cream and then roll in dry ingredients.... and then put in oil?

TLC_29 Mon, Mar-10-08 19:55

I'm gonna make these tomorrow....thanks girl.

brandib Tue, Nov-04-08 16:16

Fried Mozzerella Cheese Sticks

Ok I just trie these...but I'm having a little trouble with them..I put them in the egg mixture then into the dry mixture...but when I put them into the hot oil all of the coating came off....what am I doing wrong?????help

BabyPhat Thu, Dec-25-08 17:40

Maybe you should double dip... I think I use to do that.. once you have dipped them in the dry mixture dip them again in the egg mixture and then a second time in the dry mixture maybe this will coat them well enough so the coating doesn't come off...

ceddiana77 Wed, Jan-14-09 12:46

Anyone tried baking these?