Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   General Low-Carb (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Fitday (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=87618)

Lessara Wed, Feb-19-03 05:39

Fitday

I am having so many problems working with Fitday. I can't find things and I'm a clutz around the site. Anyone else having problems?

Paleoanth Wed, Feb-19-03 05:57

What can't you find? There are lots of things I eat, that I had to enter as custom foods-because they aren't in the database.

If you give me an idea of your problem, I might be able to help.

Paleoanth

Lessara Wed, Feb-19-03 11:37

Hi again

Does every brand name have to be custom made and does Fit day remember them or do you have to reenter them each day?

KoKo Wed, Feb-19-03 11:43

Hi,

I type in all my brand things, like salad dressings, cheese, in fact anything that has nutritional info on the label, as a custom item. You do not have to type them in as custom each day as long as you save them as new custom item , then when you need to enter it look through your list of custom items. If it does not show on the list, you have to then go to the option of show all custom items but I have found that since I basically use the same dressings and products all the time its not really a problem for me. Of course I'm still on induction so I don't have that many choices available :rolleyes: There's been times though it would be understandable to believe I was moving my kitchen to my computer room as the keyboard was surrounded by bottles of salad dressing, and packages of cold cuts and cream cheese :D

A thin me! Wed, Feb-19-03 15:03

Hi

This is the reason when I use Fitday, I usually enter the "food" part, ie. meats, cheese, veggies and leave myself enough
room for the carb count of dressing and stuff. I allow myself maybe 5 carbs for a cushion of sorts.

I too, have been intimadated by "custom" foods, and wanted to try it, but felt like a dummie and stayed away. But after KoKo explained it, I might try it again.

Thanks for asking this question.

ATM

Paleoanth Wed, Feb-19-03 15:27

Ko Ko Is right-

Many of the brand names I have had to enter as a custom food-there are some in the database though-Try looking up the brand name like "Kraft" in the search box. They even have some Morningstar Farms products in their databse!

The cool thing is, once you save your custom food-it is available to you anywhere-even when you are away from home.

Paleoanth

meigg Wed, Feb-19-03 19:10

I have a question. I tried entering the SF jello, and a SF chocolate that I had as custom foods. It wouldn't let me enter them because it said that they should have more calories than they actually do. I didn't know if I should up the calories (and not worry, knowing that all that matters is getting the carb count right), or if there was a way to trick it into accepting this.

Anyone else experience this problem?

DarkLotus Wed, Feb-19-03 20:11

If you go into fitday and under "add recent" and click "ALL RECENT FOODS" you can check off all the foods you eat regularly, it saves time! Like for instance every day I have coffee with cream and splenda, I go select all three and hit "add checked foods".

Paleoanth Thu, Feb-20-03 04:34

Quote:
Originally posted by meigg
I have a question. I tried entering the SF jello, and a SF chocolate that I had as custom foods. It wouldn't let me enter them because it said that they should have more calories than they actually do. I didn't know if I should up the calories (and not worry, knowing that all that matters is getting the carb count right), or if there was a way to trick it into accepting this.

Anyone else experience this problem?

Fitday uses fat/carbs/fiber et al to calculate expected numbers of calories. Did you enter ALL the information from the package? Also, even though something says it has 0 carbs, that could mean anything up to .8 or .9 carbs. try adding a fraction of a carb and see if that helps.

Lessara Thu, Feb-20-03 11:15

Wow

Thank you for answering all these questions everyone. Fitday intimidated me for over a year and due to that fact I can't answer the question of my %s of Protein, Carbs, and Fat. I'm very curious to know. Can you get Custom Foods with Catagores? Meaning if I searching for Oscar Myer Bacon, can I select meats and get that as an option?
I keep losing custom foods I typed in, is there a reason for this or am I just not saving it right?

Paleoanth Thu, Feb-20-03 11:26

Re: Wow

Quote:
Originally posted by Lessara
Thank you for answering all these questions everyone. Fitday intimidated me for over a year and due to that fact I can't answer the question of my %s of Protein, Carbs, and Fat. I'm very curious to know. Can you get Custom Foods with Catagores? Meaning if I searching for Oscar Myer Bacon, can I select meats and get that as an option?
I keep losing custom foods I typed in, is there a reason for this or am I just not saving it right?

I don't think you can save your custom food in a category-that would be a good idea though! BUT, when you do save your food it is always available under the custom food tab. Just click on the down arrow next to "New Custom Food" on the main food page and you should see a list of everything you have saved.

The save Custom foods button is at the TOP of the page where you enter your custom nutrition information. So, when you get done entering all the stuff, scroll back up and hit SAVE CUSTOM FOOD.

I hope this helps-if not, maybe I can take some screen shots