Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Atkins Diet (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   just made atkins easier (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=268664)

flynnlee Mon, Oct-03-05 12:16

just made atkins easier

hi everyone!

ok, so this post isn't about having lost weight or anything; but it is sort of a little personal success for me!

i'm 25 and have never really cooked, making any kind of new way of life difficult and the food choices limited, thus making it harder to stick with a good healthy way of life...

my mother, bless her heart, got a panini maker for us to use (i'm saving for a house so i'm living with her and finishing school, working full time and doing chores; it works for us; apartment rent is too expensive in my town)...

well, i was determined to start atkins today and instead of staring at the thing and willing it to work...

i actually cooked a meal.

i can't believe it; I cooked a meal instead of just scrambling eggs or eating a handful of peanuts or something...

I COOKED A MEAL.

everyone needs a panini maker.

and we have these scissor things you can use to chop salads with; i LOVE the texture of chopped salads, and it's fun to just chop things out of existance with them...

so i had chicken and chopped salad today for lunch!!

a new first for me.

i am so proud.

a little bit behind schedule, as i'm 25 and already have a career, but hey-- at least i can cook meals now!!

ssofian Mon, Oct-03-05 13:30

Way to go! Figuring out how to cook (even if it's only a few things) makes this so much easier. I was never a great cook. I knew how to make a few things, but nothing fancy. Since beginning this WOE, I have made many dishes that both myself and DH (who isnt LCng) like.

zorra_1 Mon, Oct-03-05 14:53

Congratulations!! As an added bonus, I think making a variety of meals will keep you from feeling bored with food selection!

Have you ever been to Linda's website? She has some really great recipes!
http://users3.ev1.net/~fontlady/index.html

SusanKH Mon, Oct-03-05 19:44

I'm 49, work full time, have a husband and two kids still at home, and I still don't like to cook. But, like you, I'm making myself do it more and more often. :wave:

maximus76 Mon, Oct-03-05 19:51

Yay, you've just discovered whole new world :lol:

Noura80 Tue, Oct-04-05 01:30

WTG..good for you. I love to cook and lcing is all about cooking.

dreamseeds Tue, Oct-04-05 08:01

Linda's website is awesome!

ANd really if you can cook and egg, slice cheese, and grill meat...you can survuve...lol..at least my hubby can:)

zorra_1 Tue, Oct-04-05 08:17

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamseeds
ANd really if you can cook and egg, slice cheese, and grill meat...you can survuve

That's about as far as my cooking abilities go!

wordlady Tue, Oct-04-05 08:41

So....I just had to look up what a panini maker is. OK, I get it. But what types of things do you make on it other than what you would use the grill for?

This sounds interesting!

I too...am a kindergartner in the cooking department.

flynnlee Tue, Oct-04-05 09:59

you can make ANYTHING on a panini maker! mom likes to get fish and make fish on it, i'm going to get shrimp one day this week and 'grill' it on there and make a chopped shrimp salad..

i feel like such a goober posting the thread but i'm so excited; the panini maker makes my meals so much EASIER!!

it's supposed to be for making panini sandwiches and stuff, but mom and i use it for meat.

we take meat that is frozen and it is defrosted and cooked in like 6 minutes and cleanup is super easy.

my chicken was defrosted and cooked in like 6 minutes......

you can do anything.

mom and i also like to make chicken parmesian; it's the low carb variety; i'll have to post the recipie.