Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Atkins Diet (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   Whoosh after TOM (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=125343)

Shelley J Thu, Jul-24-03 12:08

Whoosh after TOM

So I'm back to losing again... I had a whoosh right before TOM, and now wondering what they typical pattern is..

We all know that with TOM there is water weight gain. So when TOM is gone, ya'll think I'll get another WHOOSH???

I can only hope.

Kaillean Thu, Jul-24-03 12:15

I usually have a mini whoosh the day I get my period or the day before (like today YAY!) and another one the day my period ends. The first one is usually only a pound or so, the second one often 2-2.5 lbs. But everyone is different of course.

The week after my period is my best for losing weight. Bring it on!!!! :lol:

sunspine17 Fri, Jul-25-03 15:56

I actually wooshed the week before and didn't woosh after. Kinda stumpped me-- I would think it would be the other way around! We are all different I guess, we'll see what happens next month . . . . hey, at least I wooshed!

JeannieM Sat, Jul-26-03 13:51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelley J
I can only hope.

Yeah, that would be REALLY nice. Right now, I'm feeling REALLY bloated and bitchy as hell. A possible whoosh would give me and my DH something to look forward to. :)

Jeannie

tholian8 Sat, Jul-26-03 14:17

The week after my period is also my best losing week.

kellyuk Sat, Jul-26-03 14:22

I had a nightmare first TOM on Atkins, one whole pack of tampons in the first 24 hours (sorry if TMI) and then it evened out for another 8 days, as opposed to my usual 4-5 day cycle!

I'll let you know how this month get's on :)

Saweetie Sat, Nov-22-03 16:50

I seemed to have a Whoosh the day before...was at my all time low...then this morning was soo disapointed at my scale upage.....

KellyUK are you still around?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellyuk
I had a nightmare first TOM on Atkins, one whole pack of tampons in the first 24 hours (sorry if TMI) and then it evened out for another 8 days, as opposed to my usual 4-5 day cycle!

this is interesting to me as this is what has kinda happened with me this month. Never has a problem when on CAD but something strange has gone on this month...Kellyuk if your still out there I PM me if you don't mind!

Nille Sat, Nov-22-03 16:54

Oh, you're so lucky !!!

....I'm still waiting for those whooshes !!! No - nothing - nada - before OR after....and every month I HOPE !!!!

PilotGal Tue, Nov-25-03 09:16

yes! It seems to disappear right after TOM. Must be water retention.

GabrielleG Tue, Nov-25-03 11:42

I have woshes the week before. This past month it was about six pounds. After TOM i seemed to gain a few back but it went away within a week. Not sure what that was about but...I aint sayin nothing to jinx myself. If It happens again then it will mean reaching one of my major goals mid December instead of on the new year.

Liza Pike Tue, Nov-25-03 11:56

Whoosh

What is Whoosh?

BlitzedAng Tue, Nov-25-03 12:45

Yeah, what is a whoosh? hehehe

Quest Tue, Nov-25-03 12:51

A whoosh is when you drop a couple of pounds overnight.

After 6 months on this WOE I definitely can see a pattern. For two weeks after my period I lose no weight, or at most a pound. Then I might get a whoosh, or at least a drop of several pounds, before TOM. With TOM another few pounds go. Somehow I am still averaging close to 8 pounds a months. I have only 5 pounds to go to Onederland. I have a feeling the whoosh fairy is going to make me wait :(.

BlitzedAng Tue, Nov-25-03 13:31

Ahhhh, ok. Thanx for the definition :)

PilotGal Wed, Nov-26-03 01:18

^5 Quest!!!! Very Good!! One question: have you been on induction all this time to achieve an 8 lb loss every month?