Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Atkins Diet (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   Size 10!!! (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=124454)

MaggieP Mon, Jul-21-03 09:01

Size 10!!!

I went shopping with mom yesterday, and for the first time in at least 10 years I was trying on a size 10! :wiggle: :yay:

For so very long going to shop for clothes was an exercise in depression management. Before I made the decision to change to this WOL, I had started to have to shop in the plus size department - which depressed me to no end. I hated buying new clothes because all it did was re-enforce how much weight I had gained. I was having to shop because I couldn't fit into my clothes. Everything was too tight. Then I had to go and face the mirrors in the fitting rooms that always seem to make me feel like I should have been related to either elephants or whales! :eek:

But now - I reached for an X-large skirt and it was TOO BIG! :p I tried on size 12 shorts and I had to get a SMALLER size! I could now wear these cute little skirts and tops without looking like a sausage! I had to get new undies because my old ones were getting baggy - bummer, had to splurge at Victoria Secrets! :blush:

*Maggie does a happy dance!*

I haven't been this happy about going clothes shopping in years, and I think you folks are the only ones who understand! So - share my joy, I'm a size 10! :hyper:

jers52 Mon, Jul-21-03 09:03

great news for you,Maggie. Gotta love this WOL!
Jan

stacysheil Mon, Jul-21-03 09:07

I know how you feel. I dont know what size I was wearing because they were all stretchy clothes. I went to walmarts one day to buy some capris and I tried on an 18, they were too big so I got a 16, they were tight so I said well Ill get them and in another week I will be able to wear them. I tried them on a week later and they fit but to my surprise the tag inside said a 12. I was on cloud nine.

Congrats to you. Clothing says it all when it comes to weightloss.

yvonne326 Mon, Jul-21-03 09:18

WAY TO GO!

Isn't shopping so much fun now!

Smudgie Mon, Jul-21-03 09:25

I am happy for you!
That is where I hope to be some day (in a size 10) and it is an inspirtation to hear that you made it. Thanks for sharing!

hey_Neener Mon, Jul-21-03 09:39

Congrats MaggieP-I hope to have your success by next year. It does feel good to shop in "normal" sized stores. I am in between right now and hate to leave the stores I've gotten used to. I like the people but the smallest size is getting too big. My mall has three "fat-girl" stores and gobs of the other kind. It's openning up a whole new world! A size ten has got to make you feel like a 10!

2Airedales Mon, Jul-21-03 09:45

WAy To go!!! Me too I love not to have to look in the PLUS section anymore. My closet is full of clthes that are simply to big for me!

Pascale

Talon Mon, Jul-21-03 10:28

Yipee! Congrats!

One thing that made me feel really good: donate the way to big clothes to a local charity. For me it was great to get them out of the house - nothing to "fall back" into. :)

motis Mon, Jul-21-03 10:34

Isn't it fantastic?? :)
I LOVE shopping noW!!
Keep up the great work!!

~Angi~

Parasite Mon, Jul-21-03 10:38

Congrats MaggieP!!!

When you start buying new closes, thats when your sucess begins to feel real. Keep going...

On as side note: Victoria Secret...hmmm - any chance you will be posting some pictures soon.... purely for inspiration of your fellow LCers...

:)

debmarjs Mon, Jul-21-03 10:40

Thats great to hear I love going cloths shopping now every time I go I am another size smaller. Now I can fit into a 7 I cant believe it. I was pushing a 16 when I started I love the woe!!!!

2Airedales Mon, Jul-21-03 11:41

tsk tsk tsk

Parasite,

you are a very baaaaaaad boy!!! :lol:

Pascale

coolazchic Mon, Jul-21-03 11:50

Way to go Maggie :Party: What a wonderful reason to go shopping!!! It feels so wonderful to go down a dress size!! Congratulations and send the weight loss fairy my way ok :thup: :)

jgoddess Mon, Jul-21-03 12:04

Good for you! I don't know if I'll ever see a size 10, but I'd be happy with a 12 or so. Been an 18-20 for so long I can't remember much else!
You are an inspiration!

Sentoria Mon, Jul-21-03 12:09

Congratulations!!!! I know how it feels :) :)