Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Atkins Diet (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   Who is still in induction...past the 2 week? (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=127317)

amy576 Fri, Aug-01-03 13:34

Who is still in induction...past the 2 week?

Hi! I was just wondering if any of you are still on induction...past the 2 week mark? I am still staying under the 20g per day & I feel if I were to up my carbs, I will stall. Does anyone else feel this way? I have no problems staying under 20g & I haven't really had any cravings. Or if I have had cravings, I never caved in.

Is there anything wrong with staying on induction this long?

Thanks in advance!

~Amy

Angie43604 Fri, Aug-01-03 13:42

Induction

Hello Amy...I started Atkins in April and stayed on induction for a couple of months. Then I hit a stall and realized that I wasn't losing anymore. I upped my carbs a little and started losing more. Back to your question. I think it is alright to stay under 20 g's unless you get to where you don't feel well or you hit a stall. The first 2 weeks I lost 15 lbs and I am now up to almost 40 lbs. It just takes time. Recently I have just been doing a modified induction. Adding in a few fruits and veggies. They have began to help me lost more weight. I eat watermelon and it has great effects on me. It flushes my system. Well anyways...I will quite rambling....good luck

kellyuk Fri, Aug-01-03 13:48

I've kept to under 20g carbs for the last 2 months, I'm still happy at this level and think I'll stay at it for a little longer.

Fat Fri, Aug-01-03 13:48

I have been on induction since Augest 17th of this year. If I add more carbs I gain. I have a thyroid prob. plus I am over the hill so to speak, so I know it is harderfor me than most to lose. I feel fine though.

mammoth Fri, Aug-01-03 13:54

Hiya All!
Still on Induction! Induction steady since May 21st and my doc says I can go a year or even more if I want to...and thats straight from my Doc (for me). Your milage may vary...so for extended induction, best to check with your doctor!

Best to all;
Happy Jake :yay:

Hilary M Fri, Aug-01-03 13:57

I started Induction on June 2 and still keep my carbs around 20 a day. However, I have added a few new foods like low-carb chocolate bars (occasionally!), low-carb tortillas and once in a while, some type of baked good (like low-carb muffins). I'm losing about 1 to 2 pounds a week, which is not as fast as I would like, but I figure the slower it comes off the more likely it is to stay off!

Jeanne Sch Fri, Aug-01-03 13:59

I've been doing induction for 8 weeks and I too feel if I go above 20 grams I will stall -heck I know I will because my losses have been slow.
I'm ok with staying below 20 carbs though - lots of good food :)

Dustin Fri, Aug-01-03 14:00

I am almost on cheat free induction day 14, I don't know if I am going to move on or not, I will probably stay on induction untill I hit 160lbs :)

Parasite Fri, Aug-01-03 14:26

I've been on induction since April 1st 2003... 16 Weeks. Seems to be working, I feel great, so here I will stay. :)

Beadworker Fri, Aug-01-03 14:38

I started at the beginning of July and stay around 20 carbs. I am satisfied, no cravings and have some nuts or yogurt for treats, or iced coffee with whipping cream and sweetner. I think my cals could be a bit higher sometimes, but I want to stay here till I see how it is moving along before I make a change.

LCalamari Fri, Aug-01-03 14:40

I have been on Induction since June 22nd and I will remain on it until I get within 15-20lbs of my goal weight. I feel great at this level and I don't have any cravings at all.

94513 Fri, Aug-01-03 15:08

Week 4 of induction. Nothing happened the first two weeks and finally now inches and weight are coming slowly off. I plan staying on Induction for quite a few months or until I reach a weight I feel is good for transitioning over to OWL.

Jennifer72 Fri, Aug-01-03 15:29

I'm staying pretty much at induction level of carbs - but adding some of the foods that are permissable in OWL. Hoping the losses continue!

drchickon Fri, Aug-01-03 15:47

Yah, I have been on induction since June 9 and am pleased with how far I have come, so I am sticking with it since I still have a long way to go. And, I just had a check-up and my doc says this is great and I should stick with induction until I get much closer to my goal weight. Lucky for me this WOE seems very natural and I don't really have cravings and the things that used to tempt me aren't really that tempting anymore! Every now and again I will indulge in a low carb cookie to satisfy that sweet tooth, but that's my only splurge :)

Mr.Mel Fri, Aug-01-03 16:30

I'm been on Induction since May 27th. Plan to for a long time.