Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Triple Digits Club (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   how long after a binge will... (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=175052)

BUTTERBALL Fri, Mar-26-04 08:10

how long after a binge will...

i start to see a weight increase?

itsgottago Fri, Mar-26-04 08:16

You might not get one. If you jump back to induction, you might have no ill effects from the binge.

Rosie Real Fri, Mar-26-04 08:19

Mine used to be almost immediate. The next morning I'd be hit with 5 lbs of water weight. Rings tight, bloated feeling. :(

Some people don't have it at all, but for me it's fast and brutal.

BUTTERBALL Fri, Mar-26-04 08:23

how much weight could you put on from a binge?

I am back on induction today so hopefully if i gained it will go back down

itsgottago Fri, Mar-26-04 08:28

Its a small bump in the WOE road. Don't let it get you depressed, that leads to more cheating. I used to live in New Jersey. North or South? I was from South Central.

Rosie Real Fri, Mar-26-04 08:33

Depends on how bad the binge was I guess. The worse it was, the more I'd gain. But itsgottago is right, just move on and forget it. It's over with now. :)

BUTTERBALL Fri, Mar-26-04 08:33

Hi there, Im from Newark I guess central?). Its a big city so you should know where thats at.

btw, i got runs 30 min after eating cake, what's that about? anything?

Dewi Fri, Mar-26-04 08:37

Hehe, Guess you decided to go off on your Bday.

Your body probably got sick from all the sugar you ate thats why you had the runs.

BUTTERBALL Fri, Mar-26-04 08:44

Well i ate a few bites of cake at work (thre the rest out), at home i had a slice of ice cream cake, soda, milk, 1 slice bread w/ pb&j

Talk about a BINGE...

So was getting the runs helping me out at all??

How much you think i'll gain after that! Read my journal and see what i've been eating.

teresamay Fri, Mar-26-04 08:52

Quite honestly, I think instead of worrying yourself sick about how much you will gain from the last week of cheating, maybe concentrate on sticking to a clean induction this week, and ensuring you dont' stray for the two weeks to make sure you get a good start on this way of life.....

good luck :)

BUTTERBALL Fri, Mar-26-04 08:56

Quote:
Originally Posted by teresamay
last week of cheating

I didnt cheat all week? Yes i had (i believe) 2 'cheats' but i wasnt binge eating all week now. I feel fine about yesterday. Im NOT worried, just questioning the affect of it. Im human and things happen.

Paris Fri, Mar-26-04 09:03

Yes, you are human and things happen.

I would suggest letting go of the guilt and worrying about the physical effects of cheating and bingeing. In order to be successful with a lifestyle change, you need to get your head in the right place. I'd suggest journaling about why you keep cheating and thinking on why you "binged" yesterday. Once you have those things thought out, you may be able to move on more smoothly.

Good luck.

ValerieL Fri, Mar-26-04 09:09

I don't think you'll be able to predict what will happen if this is your first binge while on program, everyone is different. What you should do is make a note of what happens so you'll know for next time.

Glad you are bouncing back and getting right back on track! Good for you.

Valerie

BUTTERBALL Fri, Mar-26-04 09:13

I DO NOT feel guilty at all. It was my bday, and I made a concious decision to enjoy it. Today is a new day and i have no problem (as of yet) forgetting yesterday and moving along.

I am just curious as regards to the after affects is all. This is definatlely a life time decision for me and in life WE DO sometimes eat or drink things other than what's on our induction menus. I will be on induction for sometime and im sure there will be a time or 2 of 'slip ups' and i am ok with that. I am not here to be on an induction torture. That is how 90% of us continually fail past diets. That is why i believe this is not the end, i just shall move along.

Rosie Real Fri, Mar-26-04 09:17

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUTTERBALL
I DO NOT feel guilty at all. It was my bday, and I made a concious decision to enjoy it. Today is a new day and i have no problem (as of yet) forgetting yesterday and moving along.
I am just curious as regards to the after affects is all.

I definitely think you have the right attitude. That you planned it, it's over, and on you go. It really is hard to say what effects it will have. I guess the effects will depend on your own body, you'll know in a day or two. Mine doesn't handle carbs too well and I really get horrible after effects from a cheat, even a little one. You may be one of the lucky ones who really gets a boost from a one day cheat though! That'd be great huh? :lol: