Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Triple Digits Club (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   OMG I Lost My Husband This Morning!! (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=168446)

Nibby Sat, Feb-21-04 20:22

OMG I Lost My Husband This Morning!!

Ok that was a teaser title. Thank goodness I did NOT loose my husband but as of this morning I have lost the total amount of weight that my husband actually weighs, 129lbs!
Does anyone know how freaky that is? I was sitting next to him on the couch and it dawned on me that if I put the 129lbs back on *NOT* that it would be like carrying around my husband all day! That blew my mind.
When I started I did things like compare my weightloss to my dogs weight and then add on a cat as I went along (we have 4) then it was my younger sons weight and now I have lost my husbands actual weight....that REALLY puts the weightloss into a good perspective for me. I can see right there what I was carrying around and wondered how I ever did it....
My naturally tall and slender husband got a kick out of this when I mentioned it today and thought all of you might get a chuckle out it:0)
Even if I yoyo as I usually do after a big drop I know I weight 371 and the up and down is water.
Just had to share my goooood news.

Nibby

hummelda Sat, Feb-21-04 20:32

Wow!! Your loss is truly an inspiration to all of us!! I was just looking at your pictures earlier tonight -- glad you piped up!

Marie H Sat, Feb-21-04 20:45

Wow! That's an average of over 5 pounds a month for almost two full years! I don't know if your loss has been even -- but either way, that's inspirational. Thanks for sharing.

Marie H

Lesle Sat, Feb-21-04 20:50

All I can say is
WOW
Great Job !!!!!

Lesle

rosey1 Sat, Feb-21-04 21:04

That's really super! WTG!

ValerieL Sat, Feb-21-04 21:22

That is fabulous! Congratulations!

Very well done!

Valerie

Bjuba Sat, Feb-21-04 21:22

Girl you're looking good! Congrats on the 129 lbs. gone.

Dean4Prez Sat, Feb-21-04 21:34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nibby
When I started I did things like compare my weightloss to my dogs weight and then add on a cat as I went along

Ah, the "Add-A-Puss Complex" rears its head :lol:

And Congratulations On Your Loss!

CindyG Sat, Feb-21-04 23:17

You should be so proud of yourself! What an amazing accomplishment!

Congrats to you!

Saweetie Sat, Feb-21-04 23:54

That is really the coolest comparison..

:dazzle: Congratulations to you!! :yay:

orchidday Sun, Feb-22-04 00:04

What an amazing job you have done! Congratulations! It is great to have you here. Orchid

Wenzday Sun, Feb-22-04 06:20

your title scared the heck out of me... lol SO glad you lost the WEIGHT of him and not him! congrats!!! BTW--your husband is LIGHT!!! lol

Chairface Sun, Feb-22-04 08:09

Congrats on you great work!

I really get inspired when I read how good people are doing on this WOL.

Hopefully by time I get down to goal I'll be able to say "I lost my wife!"... in lbs. lol :)

Again... Great job!!! keep it up :cheer:

bfritz_pa Sun, Feb-22-04 08:18

You are an Inspiration!!! Thank you for sharing...
Now if I could just lose my wife! (just kidding)

itsgottago Sun, Feb-22-04 08:51

:lol: You have a great sense of humor! You are an inspiration to me with your loss! I weighed myself yesterday and saw that I had gained all ten lbs back :eek: and I was crushed. :cry: Then I realized my cat was sitting on my feet. I'm so used to him winding around my feet that I didn't notice him there! I booted him off and my 10 lb loss was back! :yay: